- Salary ranges from $84,470 to $104, 809 plus 11% superannuation
- School teacher hours and conditions, permanent contract
- Professional education environment
- Opportunities and support for professional development
- 14 weeks paid parental leave
- Discount ELC fees
- Free Parking
- Positions located in Chapman ACT
Welcome to St. Luke's Early Learning Community (ELC) in Chapman. At St Luke's, we have developed a contemporary, innovative, holistic play-based curriculum that consistently inspires self-confident, independent, inquisitive learners. Guided by the principles of Reggio Emilia early learning and underpinned by the Early Years Framework for Australia (Belonging, Being and Becoming).
About the role:
Early Childhood Teacher role is pivotal in leading the development and implementation of high-quality educational programs, ensuring compliance with the National Quality Framework, and supporting the day-to-day operations of St Luke's ELC. You will foster strong relationships with families and create an inclusive, supportive community for all.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Developing and implementing a developmental and educationally appropriate program for children.
- Leading and mentoring educators in program planning, implementation, and evaluation.
- Ensuring the health and safety of children and maintaining a welcoming physical environment.
- Supporting staff development and conducting performance reviews.
- Building strong, respectful relationships with children and adhering to the UN Convention on Children's Rights.
- Engaging families and the community in the program and promoting children's developmental progress.
We are looking for someone with:
- A Bachelor of Education (Early Childhood) or equivalent as approved by ACECQA.
- High-level understanding of the National Quality Framework, Standards, and the Early Years Learning Framework.
- Exceptional leadership skills and the ability to supervise and guide a team.
- Proven experience in developing and providing a high-quality, developmentally appropriate educational program for children.
- Comprehensive knowledge of statutory requirements, regulations, and legislation related to providing Education and Care Services, emphasising health and safety in the workplace.
- Strong communication skills to effectively engage with children, families, and staff.
- A commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive educational environment.
- A current Working With Vulnerable People (ACT) card
- First aid training as prescribed in the Education and Care Services National Law Act 2010
- Asthma and Anaphylaxis Management training
- Food Safety, Handling, and Hygiene training (or willingness to obtain)
Are you ready to make a significant impact in early childhood education?
If you meet the selection criteria and are passionate about nurturing the next generation of learners, we encourage you to apply for this fulfilling and rewarding role.
Submit your application, including a cover letter addressing the selection criteria (no more than three pages). Join us in our mission to provide every child with a nurturing, educational journey.
For any enquiries, please contact Alice Castrission at 0461546176 (Available during business hours).