- Location: AMCS National Office Brisbane (preferred), or Sydney / Melbourne workspaces. Work from home options available.
- Salary: $65,000 to $70,000 per annum (pro-rata); includes leave benefits and 10% superannuation.
- Hours: Part-time, 4 days (30.4 hours) per week.
- Contract period: 2 year contract, with a view to extension.
- Reporting: The Database Administrator reports to the Operations Manager and works closely with both the Operations and Fundraising Teams.
Make a difference as you use your passion for managing and reporting on supporter data to help protect Australia’s oceans.
The Australian Marine Conservation Society has been defending Australia’s oceans and marine life for more than 50 years. We are looking for an experienced, data “wrangler” to take control of our database and oversee the data entry, management, extraction and reporting required to support effective operation of AMCS fundraising, supporter programs and campaigns.
Please note: given the current COVID-19 situation, interviews for this position will be conducted via teleconference. The role itself will have work from home options available during this period, and on an ongoing basis.
Purpose of the position:
The Database Administrator supports the effective operation of AMCS fundraising, supporter programs and campaigns.
Your role will be to drive improvements and fixes for our database, maintain a high level of data health, deliver data needs for the fundraising program (in the form of data extraction, segmentation and cleaning, and reporting).
In this role you will be part of a small, dynamic and supportive team. This role offers flexibility of hours with work at home options. As part of our core team, you will be provided with professional development opportunities in this field and encouraged to continuously grow your expertise.
You join the organisation at a critical time as we refine our Salesforce NPSP Platform and bed down our data recording, integrity and management procedures going forward.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Management and administration of Australian Marine Conservation Society’s database (Salesforce NPSP) and email supporter client Campaign Monitor with approx. 330,000 records.
- Data selections (extractions) for our fundraising programs, including direct mail appeals, telemarketing and donor care programs, as well as detailed manipulation, segmentation and cleaning of this data.
- Investigating and resolving system errors; and, the investigation/implementation of ways to optimise existing functionality.
- Manage the smooth interface between our database and connected applications eg. Form Assembly, Validity tool, People Import, Conga etc.
- Detailed reporting on specific program performance and quarterly reporting under the guidance of the Fundraising Manager e.g. attrition reporting, propensity scoring.
- Working to manage and improve data health within the database, using deduplication tools and systems, developing new processes to avoid data contamination and developing systems to clean existing data.
- Database development and project work including automation of statistics and reporting; database code management and procedure development.
- Advising Fundraising Manager to help develop new and rework existing reports to deliver the most useful information for AMCS fundraising programs.
- Liaise with external third parties, for example telemarketing agencies, to ensure data being provided meets their needs.
- Supervising casual/volunteer data administration personnel.
Essential Selection Criteria
- Minimum of three years working in the not-for-profit or NGO sector preparing data for fundraising programs and managing a database (experience with Salesforce / Salesforce NPSP system preferred)
- Substantive expertise in extracting data for program delivery and reporting on data for program analysis in fundraising programs; including regular giving, cash appeals and major gifts programs and an understanding of RFV segmentation model
- Expertise with Excel, pivot tables and data manipulation once extracted from a database
- Experience administering CRM databases, and their smooth communication with modular add on applications/plug in such as Conga, Validity or Form Assembly
- Strong interpersonal, organisational and time management skills
- Ability to problem solve and work on own initiative
Desirable Selection Criteria
- Demonstrated commitment to AMCS Values and interest in protecting Australia’s marine environment.
- Demonstrated Project Management skills related to database upgrades/migrations/data health initiatives including ability to manage suppliers/consultants.
The Australian Marine Conservation Society is the voice for Australia's oceans. We are an independent not-for profit charity. We deal with the big issues concerning the sea, working with the community to protect marine wildlife, tackle major threats to our oceans and create marine sanctuaries, places in the sea where our wildlife is safe from harm. We are a committed group of professional and passionate scientists, educators and advocates who have defended Australia's oceans for over 50 years.
Integrity. We are trusted, credible, independent and ethical in our actions.
Courage. We are brave, respectful and honest advocates for marine life.
Passion. We demonstrate commitment to and care for our oceans in all we do.
Solidarity. We work together, embracing equity, diversity and inclusivity.
Effectiveness. We are driven, professional, agile and resilient, working to deliver the best outcomes for Australia’s people and wildlife.