Are you a creative individual who understands the importance of teamwork? Join a team of committed professionals supporting excellence in medical training and healthcare. This varied, permanent opportunity is based in Canberra and offers a flexible, hybrid work arrangement.
About the AMC
The AMC’s purpose is to ensure that the standards of education, training and assessment of the medical profession promote and protect the health of the Australian community.
AMC’s commitment to diversity and inclusion in the workplace
The AMC aims for a diverse workforce, so that we reflect the Australian community we serve. We believe that diversity improves ideas and results in better outcomes. Our employment policies reflect our commitment to diversity and inclusion. The AMC works closely with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and Māori stakeholders and is committed to ensuring a working environment that is inclusive and culturally safe at all times. All staff are required to participate in ongoing cultural safety training.
About the opportunity
The Communications and Administration Officer will support the Communications Manager and the Strategic Project Manager with project management, communication with stakeholders and media engagement.
Key duties include:
- Promote AMC activities and coordinate content across the AMC’s managed digital communication channels.
- Liaise with AMC staff to produce, present and distribute communications and presentations.
- Help organise, promote and manage campaigns to engage audiences in consultations, surveys, research and workshops, and to review their success.
- Provide logistical and planning support for events, such as online and face-to-face advisory group meetings.
- Assist with tracking and reporting of project risks and issues, and communicating with stakeholders to ensure they are addressed in a timely manner.
- Support follow up processes on pending tasks or deliverables assigned to project teams.
- Promote and maintain the AMC’s stakeholder management systems including creating and running reports, updating contact details and managing multiple entries, as well as supporting event and communication management through the systems.
You have strong communication skills and can write for a variety of audiences and mediums including for the web and social media.
You also have:
- high standards of content presentation, for example applying branded templates to communication outputs.
- strong information management and records practices.
- experience in meeting and/or event management.
- the ability to plan and organise workload including time management and competing demands.
- the ability to work with others to meet deadlines and to manage work efficiently.
- experience with Zoom and other online meeting systems, database management, EDM tools, for example Campaign Monitor or MailChimp (desirable), and IT packages including Microsoft Office.
- experience with managing website updates.
What the AMC offers
- Work that makes a difference to the standards of medical training and health care
- Work with leaders in the medical profession and in medical education
- A values-driven employer
- Generous leave and attractive not-for-profit salary packaging that can increase your take home pay
- Investment in staff learning and wellbeing
Salary and benefits
A salary of $80,000 to $95,000 including 11% super (plus leave loading) is available, depending on skills and experience.
To apply or find out more
Click on "Apply Now” and submit your CV, along with a cover letter outlining your interest in and suitability for the role.
For further information please contact Rachel Ippoliti on (02) 6270 9754.