- Upper Mount Gravatt, Australia
- Reference: 6500648
Alzheimer's Queensland (AQ) is a not-for-profit organisation that prides itself on being an innovative organisation that exceeds clients' expectations, so that people with dementia, the frail and elderly and their families can have an improved quality of life.
The Specialist Intake Coordinator is responsible for the meet and greet meetings of new clients wishing at access services through AQ, preparing documentation including client care plan and confirmation of CHSP and HCP services. This position works with clients based throughout Brisbane, Ipswich and Gold Coast so must be willing to drive to clients homes.
- Respond to enquiries from the client, carer or representative regarding referrals from MAC, service delivery, complete admission procedures and onboarding process
- Undertake the initial assessment and implement care plans to meet client's clinical needs and to promote the retention of existing life skills as well as a meaningful and valued life;
- Prepare required documentation for the scheduled home visit with the client; ensuring that each client has a positive experience of the meet and greet meeting, assessment and onboarding process;
- Manage all consumers enquires prior to commencing services, record feedback and provide reports.
- Recognised qualification in aged care or similar discipline and or at least three years' experience within a similar role in an aged community care
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of working in a client intake and aged care
- Work independently and be self motivated as well an effective member of the support services team
- Work empathetically with clients to ensure the suite of services are designed to meet their ongoing needs
- Relevant qualification in a health care field or transferrable skills and/or experience
- Current National Police Certificate clearance and willingness to renew it every 3 years as part of your ongoing employment;
- Opens Drivers Licence & Car
Culture & Benefits
- The opportunity to work within a new team of passionate & dedicated professionals
- Competitive remuneration package plus reimbursed KMs and access to pool car and as well as salary sacrifice for the Not-For-Profit sector
- Ongoing training & professional development opportunities
Alzheimer's Queensland believe that positive and meaningful life experiences are important no matter what stage of life you are at, with or without a diagnosis of dementia