We are seeking Solicitors for our offices throughout the Kimberly and Pilbara. We have a range of roles available from Managing Solicitor to Restricted.
The successful applicant will work to help shape the direction of the Aboriginal Family Legal Services in the respective region and work with a degree of independence. The Solicitor is responsible for the delivery of legal services, including family law, care and protection matters, family violence restraining orders and criminal injuries compensation. The successful applicant will provide legal advice, court representation and community legal education to Aboriginal people who have suffered, or are experiencing, family violence within their community.
AFLS is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People are encouraged to apply.
- 5 weeks Annual Leave
- Salary Sacrifice and both District and Flight Allowances.
- Free Support Services including EAP and an internal counsellor.
- Cultural Awareness Training
- Relocation Assistance
- KNX MS: Managing Solicitor or Unrestricted Solicitor Kununurra (Kimberly)
- PHE MS: Managing Solicitor or Unrestricted Solicitor South Hedland (Pilbara)
- PHE SOL: Unrestricted or Restricted Solicitor South Hedland (Pilbara)
If you are interested in any of these roles please reference the above position in your resume or cover letter (e.g. KNX MS)
TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION YOU NEED TO MEET THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA
- Current legal practicing certificate from the Legal Practice Board of Western Australia, pursuant to the Legal Profession Act 2008 (WA)
- Admitted, or eligible for admittance, to practice in the Supreme Court of Western Australia
- Experience working within family law, child protection, FVRO and CIC.
- Excellent communication skills including oral and written
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and sensitively with Aboriginal people
- Able to travel to remote areas to deliver services to clients and the community
- Experience in family law, care and protection matters, criminal injuries compensation and family violence restraining orders
- Advocacy Experience
ESSENTIAL ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
- Current ‘C’ Class WA Driver’s Licence
- Current National Police Clearance
- Current Working with Children Check
Housing is not included.