Shane Rattenbury MLA, Member for Kurrajong, ACT Greens Leader, Attorney-General, Minister for Water, Energy and Emissions Reduction, Minister for Gaming, Minister for Consumer Affairs, is seeking a part-time Office Manager for his Assembly office.
- Provide high level administrative support to the Minister and office staff
- Provide first point of contact for office, including for telephone enquiries and to meet and greet visitors
- Assist in running of the office including managing and responding to enquiries, emails and correspondence as required
- Manage, co-ordinate and negotiate the Minister’s diary scheduling
- Co-ordinate and manage a range of office processes with limited supervision
- Liaise with constituents, MLAs, Ministers, and their offices, and other stakeholders
- Support the Minister to fulfil electorate responsibilities
- Co-ordinate the Minister’s event and travel arrangements and co-ordinate travel arrangements for other staff as required
- Apply a demonstrated commitment, or willingness, to implement ACT Greens principles and policies around ecological sustainability, social justice, peace and non-violence and grassroots participatory democracy
- Other duties as directed
- Strong office administration skills
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal and relationship management skills
- Capacity to work independently, meet deadlines and work under pressure
- Experience or understanding of the ACT Government, parliamentary systems and/or the ACT political system would be an advantage
About the role
The position is available from January 2024.
The role is a part-time, job share arrangement for 2 days per week (ideally Thursday and Friday).
The role will be for the term of the 10th Assembly and is set at Adviser Level 1 (lower) depending on experience, plus superannuation.
For further information, please contact [email protected] using the subject line: Office Manager - Minister Rattenbury's office enquiry via EthicalJobs.
The successful candidate will be engaged under a Legislative Assembly Members’ Staff contract, and other terms and conditions of employment are governed by the ACT Legislative Assembly Members’ Staff Enterprise Agreement 2021 – 2022. It is not an ACT Public Service position.
A position description is attached.