- 12 month contract (Option to extend - dependent on project need and funding)
- 3 month probation
- Part Time – 2 days/ 16 hours per week
- Salary plus on-costs per annum $34,737.41
This role offers you the exciting opportunity to be an integral part of the team building the Victorian Forest Alliance Inc., dedicated to protecting forests throughout Victoria. It suits a highly motivated, creative team-player with a strong commitment to environmental action who has excellent writing and communication skills. The role is to develop and maintain funding partnerships and to create community fundraising programs that are effectively managed and coordinated to generate funds for VFA operations and projects.
You’ll be reporting to the VFA Committee, in particular the president, and working closely with the VFA Forest Campaign Coordinator and Media Officer as part of a small team that will drive the new Alliance.
You will be central in helping to build the Alliance so it is effective and achieves its mission. An in-depth induction about the forest campaign movement and current state of play will be undertaken.
The key responsibilities of the Fundraising and Event Coordinator:
- Identify and develop relevant partners and funding opportunities, generate leads and build relationships.
- Develop targeted promotional and fundraising materials which may include print and social media, audio visuals, presentations and the use of fundraising platforms to achieve peer-to-peer and community fundraising targets.
- Provide operational support with all fundraising activities.
- Assist in the preparation of partnership submissions, reports (including grant acquittals) and publications.
- Effectively manage donor information on the database and ensure records are kept up to date and accurate and that information is reliable.
- Assist in creating VFA events in collaboration with the VFA Committee.
The responsibilities of the Fundraising and Event Coordinator will be wide-ranging and your day to day work will adapt to meet the strategy for achieving the Alliance’s goals. You will largely work from home but when there is an event you will need to travel to key communities across Victoria. Some weekend and evening work will be required. Access to your own computer and internet is required.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Excellent communication skills, good time management and attention to detail are essential.
- Ability to use technology for effective communication and information across a wide range of platforms.
- Efficiency and ability to shift between tasks.
- Capacity to work collaboratively and flexibly whether in a team or independently, in a complex environment with changing demands.
- Experience with writing budgets for large and complex projects and whole-of-organisation operations.
- Exceptional verbal skills with emphasis on the ability to build and maintain partnerships with key stakeholders.
- You will have experience working with donors and/ or customer service in a not-for-profit organisation along with experience in peer-to-peer fundraising as well as experience writing and producing fundraising pitches for grants and other fundraising opportunities and partnerships.
- Ability to create and organise VFA events.
- Understand requirements and details of each event.
- Plan and organise events with attention to financial and time constraints.
- Book venues and schedule speakers where necessary.
- Coordinate volunteers to assist with events.
- Manage all event operations.
- Do event budget planning.
- Stay within the budget.
- Carefully oversee event happenings.
- Offer solutions to resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Evaluate event’s success and submit reports.
- At least 2 years experience in a similar role
- Tertiary qualification in event management or other relevant discipline
- Experience using social media and other digital platforms to advertise and run events and fundraising opportunities
- Committed to the protection of country and justice for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
- A collaborator with a belief in and commitment to building the VFA.
- Passionate about protecting Victoria’s forests.
- A team player, who is respectful, constructive and able to build relationships with a wide range of people and stakeholders.
- Resilient and willing to persevere to reach long term goals.
- Committed to equity, diversity and inclusion
Any questions can be directed to [email protected], using the subject line: Fundraising and Event Coordinator enquiry via EthicalJobs.
Victorian Forest Alliance