ABOUT THE GREAT BARRIER REEF FOUNDATION (GBRF)
The Great Barrier Reef is a unique icon and an irreplaceable ecosystem. It’s the largest living thing on earth and home to thousands of species of marine life, including six of the world’s seven species of marine turtle.
For over 20 years the Great Barrier Reef Foundation (GBRF) has been the lead charity for the Reef, driving the immediate change needed for the Reef to survive for future generations. Right now, we have over 370 Reef-saving projects with over 500 project delivery partners.
We are the action station for the Reef, bringing together people and science to deliver the world’s largest coral reefs program.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The role is part of the multiskilled Corporate Services team which includes five functions: finance, operations, risk and compliance, people and culture and legal. Corporate Services plays a key role in collaborating with all parts of the organisation in designing and implementing strategic and operational improvement initiatives. The team is focused on driving a collaborative culture. Members of the corporate services team are nimble and work to support the emerging priorities of the Foundation beyond their immediate portfolios.
The purpose of the role is to support the Governance (Board and Subcommittees), Managing Director, Executive Director Projects and Partnerships, and the RRAP Executive Director of the organisation.
THE SUCCESSFUL APPLICANT WILL HAVE:
- Qualifications in Governance or equivalent experience working in a large NFP
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in a high-level administration position
- Sound understanding of governance processes and compliance obligations in large not-for-profit organisations
- Demonstrated experience supporting senior managers and executives in a professional, confident manner
- Experience in the preparation and retention of professional and accurate meeting papers, reports, agendas and minutes – well developed ability to use Microsoft Office suite and Adobe Acrobat
- Demonstrates an ability to engage and maintain proactive relationships with a range of stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to manage competing demands and to meet key deliverables – excellent time management skills
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as part of a team while also setting and achieving individual goals
- Proven ability to operate with flexibility and good humour in the face of obstacles
- Strong attention to detail
This role is based in Brisbane.
- This role is permanent full time
- Flexible work arrangements are available
- The salary range is $85K - $100K plus super based on skills and experience
- Applications will be assessed as we receive them
- Birthday Leave
- Cultural, Religious and Ceremonial Leave
- Employee Assistance Program offering six free and confidential counselling sessions per year
- Gifted leave over Christmas shut down period
- Flexible working arrangements
- Some opportunities to visit the reef and volunteer within our programs
- Option to purchase additional leave
- Salary packaging offered through The Salary Packaging People (up to $15,900 per year)
A position description is attached.