Excellence | Enthusiasm | Integrity | Pragmatism
A human services sector that knows its impact.
To provide for-purpose organisations the tools and capacity they need to measure their social impact, because every person deserves a service that works.
FPE is a Sydney-based award-winning consulting business that supports for-purpose organisations to create and implement social impact measurement frameworks and to evaluate programs. We also provide sector capacity-building workshops on the topics of outcomes measurement, theory of change and logic models. Our experience in direct service delivery roles means we balance a robust academic approach with a pragmatic understanding of what it is really like to provide high-quality supportive programs to people and communities with complex needs.
FPE is a workplace where everyone's ideas are valued and encouraged. There are numerous opportunities for team members to contribute their creativity and unique perspectives, with the expectation that everyone will offer original ideas that enhance our work.
Learn more about us
About the Role
FPE is seeking an enthusiastic Senior Consultant to join our growing team. Reporting to the Director and working closely with Project Leads and Researchers, the Senior Consultants play a key role in projects from inception to completion. You will support and lead various activities throughout a project including; project management, problem-solving, producing project deliverables for internal review, co-facilitation of workshops and support with project team activities.
Senior Consultants work across multiple projects at once and may take on different roles in each depending on the nature of the work and composition of the team.
The ideal candidate has post graduate qualifications in, social science, evaluation, or social impact measurement, or is currently studying in these areas at the postgraduate level. Work or voluntary experience in the social services and/or community development sector is essential.
- Full time or part time role/s available (minimum 4 days)
- Based in Sydney or surrounding areas
- Salary of between $75,000 - $90,000 + 10.5% Super (based on demonstrated experience)
- Access to annual leave, personal leave and other allowances as per the Market and Social Research Award 2020
- Flexible work from home arrangement - no fixed office location and regular co-working team days in central Sydney
- Provided with ‘tools of the trade’ including; a laptop, monitor, USB keyboard & mouse, webcam and Office 365 desktop subscription
- Receive professional development and career progression opportunities, including access to professional development fund
- Contribute to the growth and development of an innovative purpose driven small business in an emerging part of the sector
The below duties will be completed in close collaboration with Project Leads and the Director.
- Support the project team to break down and understand the client’s problem to determine how FPE will provide effective solutions for the context
- Contribute to and manage project plans ensuring project activities and deliverables are completed on time for internal review
- Prepare for and lead internal and external project meetings including; ensuring timely agendas and minutes are sent and actions are communicated
- Lead secondary and primary research, data collection and evaluation activities
- Guide the analysis and interpretation of quantitative and qualitative data, identifying relevant findings, insights and recommendations for the client context
- Co-present key findings, insights and observations to internal and external stakeholders, in both a written report and presentation format including data visualisation in PowerBI
- Support the project team to support clients to implement projects and solutions
- Co-facilitate workshops
- Contribute to positive ongoing client relationships
- Escalate any budget or project time management issues to the Project Lead as required
- Support the progress of projects and coordinate administrative tasks as needed across FPE software platforms
- Provide leadership and guidance to junior members of the project team
- Actively contribute to an environment where every team member’s contribution is valued, considered and respected
- Capture and share knowledge and learnings from projects internally
- Contribute to business development by building your professional network and representing FPE at sector events
- Provide assistance to other parts of the business where required
- A post-graduate qualification in or currently obtaining a post-graduate qualification in social sciences, evaluation, or social impact measurement
- Paid or voluntary experience in the community development and/or social services sector. Experience in a client facing community role is highly desirable
- Working knowledge of social impact and/or evaluation theory, including but not limited to program logic and theory of change models
- Experience in designing and executing social research methods
- Demonstrated data analytics skills, both qualitative and quantitative
- Outstanding analytical and problem-solving skills, including the ability to handle ambiguity
- Excellent reporting writing, communication and presentation skills
- A desire to forge a career in social impact measurement
- Passionate about pursuing equity and social justice for all people
- Ambitious, with a desire to grow, progress and push boundaries
- Entrepreneurial and innovative, excited to be a part of a growing business in its early stages
- Curious - social impact measurement is an emerging field, let’s learn together!
We encourage you to apply as soon as possible. Applications will close when the position is filled.
Interviews will be scheduled as applications are received.
A position description is attached.