- Join our organisation at the forefront of innovation and systemic change
- Generous salary packaging
- Manage projects working across multiple, established stakeholders
- Drive improvements in quality of life now and in the future
- 1 Year contract role (with possibility for ongoing permanent role)
- Full-time hours (consideration for part-time - min 4 days)
ABOUT CHILDHOOD DEMENTIA INITIATIVE
Childhood Dementia Initiative is the peak organisation driving world-first action for every child with dementia. Our purpose is to transform research, care and quality of life for children with dementia so they may live long fulfilling lives.
- An ambitious and dynamic culture at the forefront of innovation
- A generous salary package with salary sacrificing
- Genuine opportunity to enable our future strategy
- An established network of stakeholders
- Ownership of key, high priority and well supported projects
- Opportunity to work with our transformative CEO and progressive team of change-makers
- Hybrid working arrangement
Childhood Dementia Initiative's Values
- We are BOLD in all we do and seek to achieve
- We AMPLIFY the voices of our families and the case for change
- We are TRANSPARENT in all aspects of our work
- We UNITE, bringing together those who can make the changes needed
Sustainable global health solutions for childhood dementia.
OUR ULTIMATE OBJECTIVES
- Treatments and cures available for children with dementia
- Access to equitable and quality care for children with dementia and their families
- Childhood dementia is a global health policy priority
OVERVIEW OF THE ROLE
- Reports to: CEO
- Location: Sydney (option of hybrid arrangement)
- Status: Contract role full time hours (consideration for P/T - min. 4 days)
This role will be responsible for the overall management of the initiative’s projects focused on improving care and quality of life for children with dementia and their families. This includes, but is not limited to:
- a recently funded project investigating the current landscape of care in Australia.
- health professional engagement including the development of a Community of Practice and ongoing sector awareness and education.
If you feel a commitment to our cause, excel in a program management capacity within a relevant background, consider yourself a contributor to all aspects of business and you thrive on ‘getting quality stuff done’, this may be THE job for you.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE ROLE
- Deliver on key projects ensuring children with dementia have a better quality of life.
- All aspects of project management including regular communications and reporting to funding bodies, budget and contract management to successfully deliver the project.
- Representing CDI and presenting information to external audiences at conferences, webinars and via other appropriate communication channels.
HIGHLY DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Significant experience / strong interest in the not-for-profit sector in a similar management role
- Experience in health care or an understanding of health professionals (national health / paediatric experience an advantage)
- Commercially, strategically and politically savvy with a strong background in project, grant, contract and financial management (a master of many tasks)
- Exceptional stakeholder management skills (you will be liaising across multiple health care professionals, industry experts, Government and those with extensive lived experience)
- Demonstrated ability in managing Government grants in the NFP sector
- Exemplary face-to-face presentation skills
- Strong communication, negotiation and administrative skills with a high command of IT - preferably Google Suite, Salesforce and new apps
- People management / leadership qualities
- Efficient, effective problem-solver who thrives on ownership and has the ability to think strategically, yet revolutionary
- Ability to self-manage and truly committed to high quality outcomes on point and on budget
- An abundance of energy, drive and a passion for our cause
- The right to reside and work full-time in Australia
Apply via the "Apply Now" button or for any queries, feel free to email [email protected] using the subject line: Program Manager - Care.
We encourage diversity in our qualified candidates.
We invite all candidates to review our website and our job description.