Want to make a positive change to the world?
BioPak, Australia’s leading eco-friendly food packaging company and certified B Corp is on the lookout for a passionate Sustainability assistant to join the team.
BioPak is a market-leading eco-friendly food packaging company that is committed to creating positive change in the world. Our mission is to create innovative packaging that puts the planet first and our vision is a world without waste.
The Sustainability Assistant will assist and support the Environment and Sustainability Manager with a range of projects and responsibilities. A strong candidate for the role is one who is passionate about sustainability, a quick learner and can work autonomously.
Duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Act as a champion for environmental issues within the organisation
- Assist with ongoing and new sustainability projects (product end-of-life programs, carbon emissions reduction plan, etc)
- Support compliance with environmental and Corporate Social Responsibility requirements (maintaining certifications, meeting customer requirements, coordinating supplier audits, assisting with mandatory reporting, etc)
- Research and update data to support environmental claims and product development decision making
- Answer sustainability-related queries from customers (email and phone)
- Demonstrated passion for sustainability
- Highly motivated
- A quick learner, able to adapt to fast-paced work environments and work autonomously
- Able to review and synthesise large amounts of data and reading material
- Strong work ethics
- Strong communications both verbally and written