- Awarded Australia’s Major Tourism Attraction (Sydney)
- Ongoing, Full time, Total salary $74,121 includes base $66,871, plus super and leave loading
- TCSA Salaried Employees Award, Clerk Grade 2
- Located at Taronga Zoo, Mosman
Looking to secure a shared future for wildlife and people?
Taronga is looking for an experienced, driven and motivated Direct Marketing Coordinator who is interested in joining a leading organisation in conservation, education, animal management and transformational guest experiences.
Taronga Zoo officially opened in October 1916, with Taronga Western Plains Zoo officially opening in February 1977! We believe in a shared future for Wildlife and People. Taronga is working in partnership with wildlife conservation organisations and communities to develop ways to protect species and habitats. Taronga. For the Wild!
Our employees enjoy generous employment conditions, including:
- Complimentary family and friends passes
- A wide range of discounts on our award winning accommodation
- Discounted food and beverage purchases across the site
- Reduced rates for other services including animal encounters
- To discover more about the benefits of working at Taronga, please visit our website here.
We value diversity…
Taronga is an equal opportunity employer, where we recognise the diversity of our workforce and community – be it on the basis of gender, age, culture, religion, language or personal circumstances.
Taronga is also committed to building on the perspectives, experience, knowledge and skills that this diversity brings to our organisation.
Taronga provide specific workplace programs to support diversity and equal employment opportunities for women, people with a disability and people identifying as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander.
About the role…
The successful individual will be…
- Working effectively with the wider team to deliver challenging income targets
- Planning, coordinating and implementing multiple projects simultaneously
- Maintaining a ‘can do’ attitude and provide support to the wider Direct Marketing Team as needed
- To support the implementation of a multi-faceted direct marketing, donor development, online marketing program that develops broad-based community support for the Taronga.
- To support the implementation marketing strategies for acquiring cost effective new supporters through a variety of different media such as face to face, on-line, direct mail, telemarketing, recruiting a range of donors such as the Cash Supporters, Zoo Parents (annual adoption program) and Regular Givers as well as the bequest program.
- Work with the Direct Marketing Manager, Officer and Bequest co-ordinator to support the implementation of strategies to enhance the supporter journey and maximise the retention of existing supporters such as the Cash Supporters, Zoo Parents and Regular Givers and Bequestors with the objective of increasing their lifetime values to Taronga.
- Oversee the in-ground presence for the Taronga Foundation to drive contributions from donation boxes, zoo guide book and other in-ground/face to face fundraising activities.
- Support the implementation of strategies to retain and increase support, including through telephone and online channels.
- Maximise the use of the supporter data within the ThankQ database, ensure data integrity and best guidelines are adhered to.
- Working with the Direct Marketing Team to maintain best practice direct marketing programs around appeals, regular giving and bequests.
- Provide administrative support.
We are looking for candidates that have:
- Proven experience in managing projects across multiple departments and ensure on-time delivery of project and costs
- Demonstrated ability to communicate a high level in both written and oral form, and the ability to communicate, sensitively to people of all ages, financial and social backgrounds
- Obtain and maintain a volunteer Working With Children Check at own expense
To review a copy of the role description, please visit the careers page of the Taronga website or see the attachment below.