Founded in early 2015 and based in Sydney, Hireup is a trusted online platform and community for people with disability and their families to find, hire and manage support workers that fit their needs and share their interests. Whether it’s support for getting to work, playing chess or taking the scenic route, Hireup gives people the tools they need to live the most flexible, seamless and supported life possible. With over 85,000 registered users in communities all across Australia, Hireup is a national network of local supports. As a purpose-led organisation, we promote a culture defined by its humanity, curiosity and creativity, and allow this to infuse our services, product and people.
The Hireup team is focused on delivering a quality experience for our users, at the heart of which is our Service team. Comprised of our Community Support, Client Experience, Support Worker Experience and Incident Response teams, the Service team is responsible for the wellbeing and satisfaction of our users. As frontline staff, our Service team listens with intent and responds with integrity in its efforts to ensure our users feel heard, supported and satisfied.
Part of the Client Experience team, the Behaviour Support Coordinator works closely with Hireup users with behaviour support and restrictive practice requirements to ensure they are able to get the most out of the Hireup platform. The Behaviour Support Coordinator provides guidance and direction to the community support team and the broader organisation on safe and quality support.
The big picture
- Join one of Australia's fastest growing tech companies - winner of the 2018 Google.org Impact Challenge and 2017 Deloitte Tech Fast 50
- Join a tight-knit, fast-paced and supportive team environment
- Make a significant impact on the community through your work every day
Priorities – the work
- Review positive support plans and communicate with users in regards to requirements
- Liaise with account managers in regards to requirements and ensure relevant information is shared with Support Workers
- Manage a caseload of Hireup users with Behaviour Support and Restrictive practice requirements to ensure the appropriate safeguards and processes are in place
- Engage with Hireup Support workers to ensure they’re skilled and trained to provide best practice support
- Assist our Behaviour Support Lead and Senior Client Experience Manager in compliance with all regulatory and legislative requirements
- Work closely with the Behaviour Support Lead with regard to risk management, reviewing of support needs and proactively looking at scalable solutions and opportunities
- Submitting and updating relevant behaviour support information into relevant online portals to meet State and Federal requirements
- Monitor usage and approval periods of restrictive practice within individuals plans
- Liaise with our incident management team regarding behaviour related incidents and notifications of authorised and unauthorised restrictive practices
Skills – the person
- Passion for bringing the best out of people through a positive approach to behaviour support
- Possess incredible emotional intelligence and a sense of clarity that is driven by good intuition and high EQ
- Some experience in positive behaviour support
- Experience in managing a high volume caseload, with quality
support provided to each case
- Strong connection to, or interest in building an understanding of the Australian disability sector and community
- Approach work with high-energy, drive and internal motivation
- Exhibit adaptability, resilience, transparency, trustworthiness, passion and innate curiosity
People with lived experience of disability strongly encouraged to apply.
The position is full-time and the salary will be dependent on experience. For more information about the role and how it fits within Hireup, contact our Talent Acquisition Manager Jess via email on email@example.com or 0436 450 457.