Edmund Rice Camps SA (ERCSA) is a not-for-profit organisation that exists to respond to the needs of children and families experiencing significant and complex disadvantage, marginalisation, and social isolation in the community.
We strive to support children who have experienced trauma and adversity to thrive and belong by creating a space where they can just be kids. We provide a variety of group-based, recreational activities, including week-long and weekend camps and follow up day programs for participants who otherwise could not afford or access opportunities like this.
Due to the impact of Covid-19 we have been forced to cancel all face to face programs for the foreseeable future. Instead, as a direct response, we have changed our model and replicated our service online at our newly created Camps at Home website (campsathome.org).
The purpose of the Casual Project Officer role will be to carry out the implementation and evaluations of the Camps at Home Development Project.
Duties (include but not limited to):
- The development, design, and implementation, of the Camps at Home website as a model of engagement and service delivery
- Plans, designs, develops and prepares information for Internet publication
- Regular website content development/creations with collaboration from current ERCSA volunteers and key stakeholders
- Build relationships with key external stakeholders
- Ongoing measurement of outcomes, goals, and evidence-based planning
- Evaluation of the development project in consultation with key ERCSA staff
- Maintain appropriate records as required by ERCSA protocols and procedures
- Work in accordance and compliance with ERCSA and child safety policies, protocols and procedures
- Administrative duties, as defined by the Executive Officer in relation to the specific project.
Skills/knowledge you bring:
- Relevant qualifications and experience in website development, website administration, and maintenance
- Experience and understanding of community development (eg Youth work, Community Services, Social welfare, Teaching)
- Proficiencies with website content curation, and collateral development.
- An understanding of, and a personal commitment to the values, philosophy, ethos, and mission of ERCSA
- Demonstrated understanding of youth/young adults programs
- Highly developed interpersonal communication skills to liaise effectively with all stakeholders at all levels of the organisation
- Willingness to work flexible hours in order to meet the demands of the role including weekend and evening work as necessary
- Previous experience in a similar role
As this is a child-related position, applicants will be the subject to:
- Working with Children Check and Clearance
- Compliance with the relevant Safeguarding Policy
This position is a temporary, casual role, for 0.2FTE per week, commencing September 2020 for a maximum of 10 months.
ERCSA is a child-safe organisation, committed to the protection of children and vulnerable adults and has zero-tolerance of any abuse.
For a confidential discussion about the role, please contact Jess Alikaris on 0407 602 723.
Please note: only shortlisted applications will be contacted.
A position description is attached.