- Join a passionate and enthusiastic team
- Supportive and inclusive team environment
- Make a significant difference to the community
ABOUT YWCA AUSTRALIA
YWCA Australia is a feminist not-for-profit organisation focused on improving gender equality for women, young women and girls. Together we challenge the systems, structures and policies that act as barriers to women, especially young women, achieving their full potential.
For 140 years we have stood for gender equality in all communities, transforming the lives of individual women, young women and girls. Cheered on by a fiercely passionate and supportive team, we shout loud and proud and our voices echo around the world in a global feminist movement.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
YWCA Australia is currently seeking a dedicated Housekeeper to join our team in Darwin on a casual basis. As the role is based across various locations, a car will be provided to enable the successful candidate to work between these locations. This is a wonderful opportunity for a dedicated Housekeeper to contribute to the successful operations of several small accommodation facilities.
This role is responsible for providing high level housekeeping services, regularly maintaining individual rooms and common areas of the property and providing a linen service.
The ideal applicant we are seeking will have:
- Ability to follow organisational policies and procedures, including but not limited to guidelines relating to infection control.
- Proven experience managing time and workload effectively whilst also completing tasks on time and to a consistent standard.
- Ability to communicate with guests and colleagues in a polite, professional and friendly manner at all times.
- Respect for cultural diversity and differences.
- Work co-operatively with others as part of a team.
- Undertake cleaning and laundering tasks safely to the required standard.
- Hold and maintain a Criminal History Check and Working with Children (Ochre) Card.
- Must hold a valid NT Driver's License.
- Ability to work shift work including weekends and public holidays.
- Team player who is approachable with strong interpersonal and listening skills together with the ability to empower.
- Results focused, self-motivated and a self-starter who goes above and beyond.
- Doesn’t settle, strives for continues improvement and has a high level of integrity.
- This position will require the applicant to satisfactorily complete a national criminal history record check and hold the relevant state-based working with vulnerable persons permit prior to employment
Join our bold, inclusive and innovative team to make a real difference - lead the change.
View Position Description here