- Fixed-term contract until June 30 2022
- Part-time hours (0.60 FTE), or FIFO arrangements may be considered for the right candidate
Youth Focus is a for-purpose organisation creating brighter futures for young people in Western Australia through a range of no-cost mental health services.
Youth Focus is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment for all. We strongly encourage all people, irrespective of ethnicity, diverse abilities, lifestyle choice, faith, sexual orientation and gender identity to apply to be a part of our team.
We are seeking a Youth Mental Health Clinician on a part time basis that will contribute to developing and providing a high quality early intervention and prevention response to young people accessing support from Youth Focus Meekatharra.
To be considered for this position, applicants will have:
- Registration/membership with a professional association (e.g. AHPRA, AASW, ACA or PACFA) as a psychologist, social worker, occupational therapist, counsellor or mental health nurse
- Minimum of three years’ experience of working in a tier 2/3 youth mental health environment
- Must have extensive experience working with vulnerable, disadvantaged and/or diverse cohorts of young people and their families
- Demonstrated working knowledge of Aboriginal culture and issues impacting Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander young people and their families
- Passion for working with young people
- Experience in providing a clinical and intake service to young people, families, and community organisations
- Demonstrated experience and ability to undertake screening and assessment to determine a young person’s needs and level of risk, and to refer to other services as appropriate
- Extensive experience working with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities and awareness of cultural protocols when consulting with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people
- Confidence and experience in using systems and technology is highly desirable
- You will be a team player and have the confidence to communicate effectively with a range of diverse individuals and have a 'can do' attitude and enjoy working to achieve the desired outcomes of the organisation
What we offer:
- An opportunity to be part of a person-centred, flexible, family friendly organisation
- An inclusive and welcoming environment for all
- Competitive salary offerings with the ability to salary sacrifice
- Access to professional development opportunities
- Additional annual leave, long service leave
- Generous paid parental and partner leave
If you are interested in this opportunity, please click the 'apply now' button.
For further information or a confidential discussion about the position please contact Human Resources on 08 6266 4333.
We reserve the right to close this job ad early, so please apply at your nearest convenience. Please note, due to the high volume of applications only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. For those who are not contacted, we thank you for your application and interest in working with Youth Focus.
Appointment to the role is subject to the successful candidate providing a clear National Police Check certificate and Working with Children Check.