Youth Focus is a for-purpose organisation with a mission to optimise life opportunities for young people experiencing challenges in mental health. The Youth Focus vision is that all young people are able to be healthy, engage in society and enjoy their own well-being and self-determination.
Youth focus is seeking a passionate and experienced HR Officer to join our HR team in Burswood on a permanent full- time basis.
The successful candidate would need to have the following attributes:
- Tertiary qualification in human resources or equivalent
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a generalist HR position
- Ability to coach and truly partner with key stakeholders and engage employees at various levels
- Ability to manage and implement HR projects alongside operational HR activities
- Sound knowledge of ER/IR and interpretation of policies and Fair Work guidelines
- Strong analytical & administration skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Current “C” class driver’s licence.
- Access to a vehicle.
About the Role
The HR Officer will manage the following activities:
- End to end Recruitment including drafting job advertisements, job positing, shortlisting, interviewing, conducting due diligence and offer management.
- Conducting induction and orientation of new employees
- Generate employment contracts and variation letters
- Assist in workplace investigations including grievance investigation
- Provide accurate and timely advice to staff and managers on various organisational policies & practices
- Generating HR reports for management & board reporting
- Efficiently assigning and monitoring workflows from the centralised HR inbox as required;
What we offer
- An opportunity to be part of a growing organisation having achieved a 30% increase in staff numbers over the last two financial years;
- Competitive salary with the ability to salary sacrifice up to $15,900 per annum tax-free on a range of benefits, as well as an additional $2,650 per annum tax-free in meal entertainment and entertainment facility leasing expenses;
- Youth friendly environment, that values and encourages teamwork and innovation;
- Flexible working arrangements, supportive of individual needs;
- Above award annual and long service leave (on a pro-rata and continuous service basis);
- An additional weeks of leave after three and half years of service, and a further week pro-rated after ten years of service;
- Five weeks of long service leave after five years of service, and a further seven weeks after seven years;
- Thirteen weeks paid parental leave after twelve months of continuous service plus four weeks paid partner leave;
- At the start of the third year of service, and additional one percent superannuation employer contribution which increases by one percent for every year of service, up to a maximum of three percent;
Please send through a resume and a cover letter addressing the above mentioned selection criteria detailed under the section "Successful candidates will possess".
Please contact our HR team on (08) 6266 4333 if you need more details.
- Appointment to the role is subject to the successful candidate providing a clear a National Police Check certificate.
- The role may close earlier than the date mentioned above if we have found a suitable candidate
- Due to the high volume of applications received for our advertised positions, only those applicants who are short-listed will be contacted. To those applicants not short-listed, we extend our appreciation for considering Youth Focus as a potential employer.
Youth Focus is committed to embracing diversity and eliminating all forms of discrimination in the provision of mental health services. Youth Focus welcomes all people irrespective of ethnicity, lifestyle choice, faith, sexual orientation and gender identity.