ABOUT YOUNG CHANGE AGENTS
Young Change Agents is a social enterprise that helps youth see problems as opportunities through the lens of social enterprise. We use design thinking and lean start-up methodologies to build the mindset, skillset and toolset of youth. Partnering with industry and government alike we’ve been supporting students and educators across Australia since 2016. Our team is growing rapidly and we’re looking for fantastic humans to join us on our mission to help reshape the education system and better equip young people for their future.
OUR TEAM COMES FROM A DIVERSE RANGE OF BACKGROUNDS, BUT WE SHARE THE FOLLOWING TRAITS
- As a diverse and inclusive team, we work towards a shared vision: to create a generation of capable and resilient Young Change Agents.
- We think outside of the box to make the most social impact. We are always thinking, “how can we make this happen”.
- We are accountable to one another and have each other’s back. We communicate honestly and with kindness. We look after our own health and wellbeing and take time out when we need it.
- We love social enterprise as a model for creating social impact. Community and sustainability is at the heart of what we do.
- We are passionate about working with young people. As facilitators and mentors, we are present, patient and playful and we quickly build rapport and mutual respect with youth.
- We are experienced in design-thinking and lean startups, and use this internally as well as externally. We love nothing more than helping teams think critically and creatively, and to communicate their ideas well. This is a source of energy and motivation!
- We all share in the Young Change Agent’s mission as a champion for teachers and youth workers. We value lifelong learning and building capacity in local communities to deliver quality education. We always encourage each other to grow and develop.
- We are multi-taskers. We like facilitating youth programs one day and liaising with corporate and government partners the next.
- We codesign and validate with our community and take onboard feedback. We keep on top of reporting requirements and care about details.
- We are brand ambassadors for Young Change Agents – happy to represent Young Change Agents in business development opportunities and as a speaker from time to time.
THE KEY PARTS OF THE REGIONAL MANAGER ROLE ARE:
Regional development (30%):
Manage and grow the NSW and ACT region for Young Change Agents to firstly create sustainability and secondly for the region to thrive. This includes eco-system development – identifying key partners and funding opportunities, developing our Fee-for-Service and license work in the region and marketing YCA to schools, parents, industry and Government. This will be supported by the Marketing and Community team. Ensure all NSW and ACT information is tracked via Salesforce.
Educator capacity building (30%):
Deliver professional development program for educators across NSW and ACT including with individual schools and clusters of schools. Work with educators and the relevant education bodies to ensure that our programs meet the requirements of the schools and educators.
Student lifelong learning and amplification (30%):
Manage and deliver schools programs to provide opportunities for young NSW and ACT-based youth to turn problems into opportunities through social entrepreneurship. This includes identifying, championing and amplifying key youth teams and initiatives each year to provide inspiration for what is possible.
Financial operations (10%):
Manage monthly invoicing for NSW and ACT, checking forecast against actuals and raising invoices with our accountant. Ensure that any casual staff have submitted timesheets accurately and in a timely manner. Ensure that expenses are managed against budgets. Complete grant acquittals as required. (We can train you on these aspects).
KEY ATTRIBUTES FOR THIS ROLE
- You love helping educators and youth embrace social entrepreneurships – you love those light bulb moments and helping them as they learn something new.
- You love all things start-up (Innovation, design thinking, lean start-up, building the ecosystem) and how these apply internally at Young Change Agents in terms of our culture and ways of working!
- You’re an ecosystem developer – you enjoy networking and connecting people and ideas to build momentum for youth social entrepreneurship in NSW and the ACT.
- You enjoy regional travel.
- You are an expert communicator and love equally communicating visually and in written form!
- You can’t think of anything more exciting then supporting educators and the next generation to solve real world problems through social entrepreneurship.
- You are comfortable with mucking in to help as we grow. Running a strategy session for other YCA team members is a source of motivation for you.
- You are tech savvy and have experience with Salesforce, Confluence and other platforms.
- You are results-orientated. You like setting goals and exceeding expectations.
- You love problem-solving. If something doesn’t go to plan you find another way!
- Car and current driver’s licence
- Working With Children Check
- Ability to travel regularly across NSW and ACT
BENEFITS & PERKS
- Monthly phone allowance (to cover calls you make for work)
- Opportunity to travel throughout the state when delivering regional programs with a $200 allowance per year to spend on a local tourism experience/s
- Work laptop and equipment allowance
- Learning and development opportunities
- 5 hour Fridays (we believe in supporting our team to do their best work and have recently implemented a 5 hour work day on Fridays to give you back a little time in your week for anything you like)
- Annual team retreat
- Wellbeing leave (you can use your sick days to support your mental health and wellbeing) plus quarterly wellbeing sessions