- Perth-based with program delivery across Western Australia, with some delivery elsewhere required
- 9-month full time fixed term contract from August 2020
- Salary range $80-85k incl. super (pro-rata)
- 40% program delivery, 35% business and ecosystem development, and 25% program management
Young Change Agents is a social enterprise that helps youth see problems as opportunities through the lens of social enterprise. We use design thinking and lean start-up methodologies to build the mindset, skillset and toolset of youth.
OUR TEAM COMES FROM A DIVERSE RANGE OF BACKGROUNDS, BUT WE SHARE THE FOLLOWING TRAITS:
- We love social enterprise as a model for creating social impact.
- We are super-passionate about working with youth. We are natural facilitators and mentors and we quickly build rapport with youth.
- We are experienced in design-thinking including familiarity with tools like the social lean canvas. We love nothing more than helping teams think critically and creatively and to communicate their ideas well. That is a source of energy and motivation for us!
- We all share in Young Change Agent’s mission as a champion for teachers and youth workers. We value training and building the capacity of others to deliver quality education.
- We are multi-taskers. We like facilitating youth programs one day and liaising with corporate and government partners the next.
- We have logistics and administration covered. We can keep on top of reporting requirements and care about details.
- We are always thinking, “how can we make this happen”. We think outside of the box to make the most social impact.
- We are brand ambassadors for Young Change Agents – happy to represent Young Change Agents in business development opportunities and as a speaker from time-to-time.
THE KEY PARTS OF THE PROGRAMS MANAGER ROLE ARE:
Partnerships (eco-system development)
Develop/further develop key partnerships with relevant stakeholders including State and Local Government, local entrepreneurs and industry partners, schools and youth groups, ensuring our program is closely aligned with strategic plans (including YCA as an advocate for entrepreneurial learning). This will include stakeholder workshops, taster sessions and briefings. Identify additional options for funding initiatives in the region into the future including for our second stage incubator program, YINC.
Manage and deliver the rollout of school’s programs across Western Australia as required including program facilitation, teacher capacity building and continual improvement. Assist with the integration of YCA’s program into different formats to align with target groups’ and stakeholder needs. Manage any local regional pitch competitions and additional workshop opportunities.
Advocate for and amplify the voice of youth in the region ensuring their ideas are heard more widely than the classroom. This will involve the use of YCA tools including the website platform, social media, face-to-face mentoring and introductions.
KEY ATTRIBUTES FOR THIS ROLE:
- You love all things start-up (Innovation, design thinking, lean start-up, building the eco-system).
- You are confident managing relationships and developing new connections.
- You can’t think of anything more exciting than supporting the next generation to solve real-world problems through social entrepreneurship.
- You are comfortable with mucking in - facilitating or training teachers one day, developing curriculum the next, and meeting with partners to build the eco-system for learning in that region the next.
- You are excited to travel including across Western Australia and to other parts of Australia. This requires you to be a confident driver so you can drive to regional areas when required.
- You are an expert communicator and engaging in your facilitation style. You are confident enough to facilitate in all situations and empathetic enough to change your style as required for the audience (youth in juvenile justice for example).
- You like refining programs, developing new learning content and linking learning to accreditation/pathways.
- You are tech-savvy and have experience with eLearning, webinars and other digital learning tools.