Speciality Focus: entrepreneurship program facilitation, educator professional development, social enterprise, design-thinking, local community development and marketing/communications
Program Focus: youth entrepreneurship (fee-for-service, large programs), female entrepreneurship (we are a delivery partner for the Federal Government's Academy for Enterprising Girls), regional/rural (we are a Telstra Foundation Digital Futures Partner).
- Melbourne-based with travel in Australia (regional Victoria, occasionally Tasmania and other states as required).
- Full time role, a 12-month fixed term contract starting March 2021
- Salary $80,000 - $90,000 per annum (dependent on experience)
- 60% program management and delivery, 20% marketing communications and advocacy, 20% business development and partnerships (ecosystem development)
- Design thinking and lean start-up experience will be highly regarded
- JobMaker-eligible candidates are welcome to apply.
Young Change Agents is a social enterprise that helps youth see problems as opportunities through the lens of social enterprise. We use design thinking and lean start-up methodologies to build the mindset, skillset and toolset of youth and their supporters.
OUR TEAM COMES FROM A DIVERSE RANGE OF BACKGROUNDS, BUT WE SHARE THE FOLLOWING TRAITS:
- We love social enterprise as a model for creating social impact.
- We are super-passionate about working with youth. We are natural facilitators and mentors and we quickly build rapport with youth.
- We are experienced in design-thinking including familiarity with tools like the social lean canvas. We love nothing more than helping teams think critically and creatively and to communicate their ideas well. That is a source of energy and motivation!
- We all share in Young Change Agent’s mission as a champion for teachers and youth workers. We value training and building capacity to deliver quality education.
- We are multi-taskers. We like facilitating youth programs one day and liaising with corporate and government partners the next.
- We have logistics and administration covered. We can keep on top of reporting requirements and care about details.
- We are always thinking, “how can we make this happen”. We think outside of the box to make the most social impact
- We are brand ambassadors for Young Change Agents – happy to represent Young Change Agents in business development opportunities and as a speaker from time-to-time.
THE KEY PARTS OF THE ROLE ARE:
Program management and delivery (60%)
Manage and deliver the rollout of entrepreneurial education and community youth programs across VIC as required including program set-up, facilitation and follow up. Use your best-practice design thinking and lean start-up knowledge to equip local educators with professional development and support to embed entrepreneurial pathways into their schools. Deliver and manage Young Change Agents’ specialist programs: Youth Incubator (YINC), retail social enterprise-in-a-box and partner programs such as the Academy for Enterprising Girls.
Marketing communications and advocacy (20%)
Manage the Young Change Agent’s marketing communications strategy to ensure our target market can easily find, understand and access our solutions. This includes our digital marketing strategy including SEO and SEM, campaigns (including our design challenges and awards) and other marketing assets.
Advocate for and amplify the voice of youth to ensure their ideas are heard more widely than the classroom. This will involve the use of YCA tools including the website platform, social media, face-to-face mentoring and introductions.
Business development and partnerships (ecosystem development) (20%)
Strengthen/ further develop key partnerships with relevant stakeholders including State and Local Government, local entrepreneurs, startup hubs and industry partners, community organisations, universities, schools and youth groups. In these conversations you’re ensuring our work is closely aligned with strategic plans, including YCA as an advocate for entrepreneurial learning. This will include running stakeholder workshops, taster sessions and briefings as well as business development and booking in fee for service programs. You will also identify additional options for funding initiatives in the region into the future including for our second stage incubator program, YINC.
KEY ATTRIBUTES FOR THIS ROLE:
- You love all things start-up (innovation, design thinking, lean start-up, ecosystems)
- You are confident managing relationships and persistent in building new connections
- You have strong marketing expertise and can demonstrate success in building a pipeline of leads using digital marketing and other channels
- You can’t think of anything more exciting then supporting the next generation to solve real problems through social entrepreneurship, with experience to back this up
- You are comfortable with mucking in and thinking on your feet - facilitating or training community members one day, helping with a marketing campaign the next day and meeting with partners to build the eco-system for learning in that region the next
- You are excited to travel across VIC, TAS and inter-state as required.
- You are culturally sensitive, an expert communicator and engaging in your facilitation style. You are confident enough to facilitate in all situations and empathetic enough to change your style to suit the context (e.g. working with Indigenous communities)
- You are tech savvy and have experience with Canva and video editing tools as well as digital learning tools and communications platforms such as Zoom, Salesforce and Trello.
Head of Partnerships and International
firstname.lastname@example.org, using the subject line: Marketing and Regional Manager enquiry via EthicalJobs.