- You must be of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander descent to be considered for this position as per section 50D of the Equal Employment Opportunity Act 1984.
Yorgum was established in 1991 by a group of Aboriginal women, some of whom worked in women’s refuges, who were concerned about the lack of appropriate counselling support for Aboriginal people experiencing spiritual, emotional and psychological pain. They founded a service with a ‘healing’ approach rather than an ongoing, crisis-driven ‘patch-up’ approach.
Yorgum offers all Aboriginal people and their families autonomous, community based healing services that are culturally secure, trauma-informed and work within an Aboriginal Family Worldview.
This position is responsible for providing case management and support to clients and their families. This includes the provision of support and advocacy to improve outcomes for the safety and well-being of children and families.
APPLICANTS MUST DEMONSTRATE HOW YOU MEET THE SELECTION CRITERIA LISTED BELOW:
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the Children and Communities Act 2004.
- Demonstrated experience in engaging with Aboriginal families, community and services.
- Demonstrated understanding of Aboriginal Terms of Reference and cultural competency.
- Demonstrated experience in client case management.
- Demonstrated organisational and planning skills with the ability to manage conflicting priorities.
- Demonstrated interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience in the use of computerised information management systems, including databases.
- Certificate IV in Community Services or demonstrated experience in the relevant social services.
- Work outside of standard business hours.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL NEED TO SUPPLY:
- A Valid Driver’s License
- Working with Children Check
- National Police Certificate, not less than six (6) months old
WHY JOIN YORGUM:
- Flexibility: A degree of autonomy and an additional 10 days of agency leave per year
- Career development: Access to professional clinical supervision
- Lucrative benefit package: Competitive salary plus the opportunity to salary sacrifice.
Yorgum is committed to the protection of children and young people.
If you require this information in an alternative format, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, using the subject line: Caseworker - Intensive Family Support Services - Kalgoorlie enquiry via EthicalJobs.
Only Short Listed Applicants will be contacted.