The focus of this role is to provide counselling, intake and assessment of clients to support referral processes and access to services and support.
Other duties include intensive case management, group work, advocacy and information, stakeholder engagement and referral pathways to assist individual clients to make decisions about their safety, reduce their exposure and risk of family violence, leading to a safe and reconnected family and community.
This role requires you to contribute towards the improvements of YWHS service delivery as part of an integrated model (i.e.; wrap around services for clients and their families).
Counselling and Intake
- Undertake Intake and Family Violence Risk Assessments to establish levels of safety and risk to women and children referred (unless previously undertaken by another family violence agency).
- Using a ‘Trauma Informed Approach’, use your understandings of trauma to help validate a victim’s experience of trauma and its impacts, and use a range of therapeutic responses to make families safe and support them to re-establish their lives.
- Support clients to identify their needs and assist them in developing a personal support plan with goals to address priorities for themselves and their children.
- Implement the Intake/Referral systems that have been developed and link with other service providers.
- Identify appropriate referral services and facilitate access to services for clients. Regularly undertake case reviews in conjunction with clinical and admin supervisors.
- Regularly undertake case reviews in conjunction with clinical and admin supervisors.
- Liaise with crisis intervention services to make appropriate referrals when women and children are assessed as being unsafe.
- Provide culturally sensitive services, specifically those relevant to the needs of Aboriginal people.
- Support the delivery of YWAHS education and prevention programs and community engagement activities as required
Support activities, education and prevention programs, and community development, as required
Reporting and other requirements
- Maintain up-to date client records
- Input data on a weekly basis into appropriate data systems (e.g.; IRIS)
- Participate in regular general and external clinical supervision as negotiated with Manager, including development and implementation of work plans.
- Participate in annual reviews.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of YWAHS organisational plans.