This position involves assisting and supporting the Healing Service team by developing and implementing a range of therapeutic, social, cultural and practical activities for men who attend YWAHS ‘Time Out Farm’.
The activities are designed as an entry point to engage and empower men to build their skills and confidence to access services and support.
You will provide support, referral pathways and linkages through the YWAHS clinical team, both internal and external services as required.
Time Out and Healing Service Activities
- Contribute to the development, and actively participate in the delivery of, therapeutic, cultural, social and education programs and activities at the ‘Time Out’ Farm at Nicholson.
- Ensure sign in/out documents are completed by all clients, visiting services and staff attending the Time Out Farm at any time.
- Support the delivery of therapeutic, cultural, social and education programs in the YWAHS catchment area and at other locations as directed e.g. Sale, Lake Tyers Aboriginal Trust, Orbost.
- Encourage individual clients to seek help or referral pathways through YWAHS clinical practitioners to support clients to address issues as they are presented.
- Ensure appropriate documentation is completed by clients and visiting agency staff prior to activities commencing.
- Ensure that all OH&S responsibilities including risk assessments and safety protocols are conducted for each activity at the ‘Time Out’ Farm and other locations as directed.
Facilities Maintenance and Environmental Services
Under the guidance of the Time Out Manager:
- Support the Time Out to team to carry out general repairs and maintenance of the ‘Time Out’ property’s plant and equipment, machinery, sheds, fencing and homestead.
- Ensure that all safety equipment is maintained, and equipment and tools used for activities are in good working order and meet OH & S requirements Support the Time Out to team to carry out general repairs and maintenance of the ‘Time Out’ property’s plant and equipment, machinery, sheds, fencing and homestead.
Reporting and other requirements
- Input data on a daily basis into appropriate data systems (e.g. IRIS).
- Undertake training as required.
- Participate in regular supervision with the Time Out Manager, including the development and implementation of work plans.
- Participate in annual reviews.
Contribute to the development and implementation of YWAHS organisational plans.