At the Y, we believe in the power of inspired young people. A community not-for-profit organisation with 17 million participations annually across Australia. 8,000 staff and volunteers serve at more than 150 locations every day. We partner with government and private capital to deliver programs and services that include community recreation, adventure and stadium sports, camping, learn to swim, children's programs, early learning, youth services, retirement living, disability services and social enterprises.
About State Office
The State Office is home to YMCA Victoria support functions, being, Payroll, Business Systems, Finance, Marketing and Engagement and the People & Culture Team.
The office is situated in the vibrant Box Hill area, which is host to many amenities; food, transport (train & buses) and parks.
Key Elements of the Role
The Marketing Business Partner is responsible for planning and coordinating marketing activity aligned to and supporting delivery of, the Recreation sector strategy and business needs.
The incumbent will ensure strategies, major campaigns, events and activities are appropriately identified, planned for, resourced and executed in collaboration with the Recreation Leadership and broader Marketing and Communications team.
The Marketing Business Partner will:
- Act as the primary marketing and communications contact for Recreation sector stakeholders
- Oversee the development of the Recreation marketing plan and sector activity calendar, providing strategy, planning, forecasting and reporting of all sector marketing activity
- Collaborate with the Recreation Leadership team, Marketing Manager, Marketing and Creative Project Manager and Integrated Campaign Manager to deliver targeted and tailored campaigns, ensuring they meet sector and business needs as well as brand and strategic objectives.
- Support the General Manager and Creative, Digital and Communications Executive Manager to support the delivery of Recreation sector strategic initiatives
- Support the planning and management of the Recreation sector marketing budget (estimated $850K - $1.1M)
- Provide regular reports to key sector leaders and stakeholders in relation to the performance of strategic marketing activity
- Ensure marketing strategy and activity is in line with and delivering to Recreation strategic commitments
- Provide insights to inform sector marketing and sales strategies, annual plans and support innovation
- In collaboration with Customer Insights and Product Development Manager, support relevant research projects to inform Recreation sector strategy
- Provide strategic support in business development opportunities to drive growth in the sector (tenders, government grants etc.)
Capabilities and Behaviours
- Self-motivated and committed to perform to their best.
- Ability to think strategically and execute operationally
- Actively promotes a culture of personal accountability and continuous feedback
- Strong understanding of strategic campaign planning.
- Excellent communication skills - written and verbal.
- Excellent stakeholder engagement skills with the ability to successfully influence and negotiate.
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- Understanding of advertising, marketing, digital and print media planning
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively across teams and independently as required, and manage multiple tasks and priorities.
Knowledge and Experience
- Significant management experience in the NFP or NGO sector.
- 6+ years' experience leading diversely skilled teams.
- Demonstrated highly developed project and time management skills Experience developing and managing budgets.
- Demonstrated experience planning and executing marketing campaigns.
- Collaborative style
- Creative thinker
- Ability to lead and influence teams
- Practical and solutions focussed
- High level of initiative and self-motivation
Mandatory Pre-Requisite Qualifications
- Working with Children Check
- ACF online Safeguarding Children certificate
- Satisfactory National Police History check
Highly Desirable Qualifications
- Tertiary qualification in Marketing, Business or Project Management (or a degree or post-graduate qualification that demonstrates similar skills)
YMCA, including Boards of Directors, is committed to the safety and wellbeing of children and young people in accordance with our Safeguarding Children and Young People framework. YMCA requires that all applicants undergo satisfactory screening prior to commencement, including but not limited to:
- A national criminal history check
- An international criminal history check where applicants have worked overseas
- Holding or obtaining a Working with Children Clearance/ equivalent in accordance with state/ territory laws
- ACF Safeguarding Children and Young People Certificate (completion online prior to commencement)
- Two reference checks
Email: email@example.com, using the subject line: Marketing Business Partners enquiry via EthicalJobs
Phone: 03 9430 5000
For more information visit: http://victoria.ymca.org.au/about/careers.html
Any successfully appointed applicant will be required to adhere to the Safeguarding Children and Young People framework, which includes a thorough safeguarding children and young people induction and committing to upholding the safety and wellbeing of children and young people throughout their engagement with YMCA.