Yfoundations is looking for a highly experienced Research and Policy Officer to join our new Research and Policy Division.
Are you passionate about making difference to young people's lives through research and advocacy?
Do you have a track record of developing high-quality policy submission papers?
Do you have an eye for quality research and the ability to develop and analyse data?
If this sounds like you, then we would love to hear from you!
Yfoundations is the Peak Body for youth homelessness in NSW with a national voice on Youth Homelessness.
Yfoundations works primarily in the interests of young people by promoting the foundations that are essential for young people to flourish and to end youth homelessness
We engage with, the whole of Government, local Councils, Research Institutions, young people and the community to inform policy reform and advocate to end youth homelessness.
We are offering flexible working environments, salary sacrificing and a fun and engaging culture to work in.
- Postgraduate or PHD in a social services discipline or specialist knowledge gained through relevant equivalent experience
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in developing and leading research and policy activities in homelessness or related sector
- Demonstrated ability in policy analysis, social research and knowledge translation. Including the design, analysis and publication of research
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to write clearly and succinctly for a variety of purposes
- Strong interpersonal and networking skills, including a proven capacity to build and maintain positive professional relationships and partnerships
- Effective organisational and time management skills, including the ability to work with minimal supervision as part of a small team
- Strong IT skills, including experience using the Microsoft Office suite as well as statistical and reference management software
- Understanding of the issues affecting vulnerable young people in Australia, and competence in working effectively with people in this group
- Financial literacy including the ability to analyse and evaluate programs
- Proven ability to effectively advocate, and inform policy at both State and Federal Government levels
- Dedication to helping progress Yfoundations’ goal of ending youth homelessness
- Current New South Wales working with children check
- This position requires intrastate travel (Open Drivers licence and access to own vehicle)
If you have any questions regarding the role, please contact head office on 8306 7901 for a confidential conversation.
A position description is attached.