The Opportunity to be a Changemaker…
Can you imagine a future where prosperity replaces poverty all over the world?
World Vision Australia (WVA) is looking for an experienced major gift fundraiser to join the growing national philanthropy team. This position is a wonderful opportunity for a passionate, professional fundraiser to build and grow major giving in Sydney – New South Wales – to support the world's most vulnerable children. Join us and use your experience and skill set to create lifechanging impact.
Who we are looking for…
The successful applicant will possess the following experience, knowledge and key capabilities:
- At least five years of experience in major donor fundraising, with demonstrated success in engaging with major donors for fundraising in not-for-profit organizations
- Demonstrated relationship building and relationship management skills, including the ability to inspire supporters, and the ability to identify, initiate and sustain new relationships, work collaboratively, and promote cooperation with internal and external stakeholders;
- Strong knowledge of Sydney and NSW, and strong existing networks;
- Proven track record of generating significant gifts from high net worth individuals;
- Experience and expertise in developing relationships with major donors and crafting major donor strategies to secure results;
- Proficiency with donor/customer databases for analysis and reporting;
- Strong donor-centred approach
- Ability to work in a cross-functional structure;
- Proven track record of achieving and exceeding financial targets.
What you need to know...
This role is a permanent position operating in a full-time capacity and will be based at our state office in Sydney, New South Wales.
World Vision Australia takes our Safeguarding responsibilities seriously and we provide an environment that is safe for our child and adult beneficiaries. We have strong recruitment procedures to make sure the safest and most suitable people work with the children in our programs. All successful candidates will undergo a criminal record and Working with Children check prior to employment. We provide our staff and volunteers with ongoing supervision, support and training in their work with child and adult beneficiaries.
Why you should apply…
A career with World Vision is an opportunity to join a sector-leading humanitarian aid organisation. We believe that every staff member has been brought to World Vision for God’s purposes. Whether working from home, in an office, or with children and community members, we celebrate and embrace each staff member’s diverse background and talents – knowing that together, we can make a difference.
Aside from the opportunity for broad and life-changing impact in the lives of the world’s most vulnerable, some of our other benefits include:
- Access to professional development programs that include on-the-job learning, e-learning, workshops, forums, leadership development and internal mobility.
- Policies that may accommodate flexible working and other working arrangements to tailor and encourage individual performance.
- An opportunity to shape an already market leading organisation to achieve even greater impact
- A highly engaged team culture that is dynamic, growing in agility and pace, and committed to serve beyond the call of duty.
- A culture that encourages truth telling with grace that confronts challenges and issues to clear teams for success in a timely fashion
- Access to salary packaging tax advantages.
Why World Vision…
- We go where the need is greatest to help the most vulnerable children around the world. We’re dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice.
- We bring hope and opportunity to vulnerable children and communities all over the globe.
- We’re a community of change makers – generous Australian donors, community members, staff and valued partners who mobilise to make a real and lasting difference in lives around the world. Together, we tackle the root causes of poverty and transform lives through development, relief and advocacy work.
- We’re part of a global movement - a Christian humanitarian organisation that provides short and long-term assistance to more than 100 million people worldwide. Over the past 50 years, more than two million Australians have chosen to partner with us when giving to charity. The support of generous Australians helps make our work possible.
- Together we share proven, world-class development methods to bring food, water, education and economic change at scale for the world’s most vulnerable children.
‘Our vision for every child, life in all its fullness. Our prayer for every heart, the will to make it so.’
World Vision has profound global impact reaching one person every 10 secs with clean water, and every 60 secs a family gets access to tools and support they need to get out of poverty.