- Experience the wonderful beauty of East Arnhem Land
- Deliver excellent acute and emergency care
- Opportunity to treat unique tropical diseases
Rural Workforce Agency NT (RWA NT) are partnering with Miwatj Health Aboriginal Corporation (Miwatj Health) to find a Remote Area Nurse specialising in Adult Acute Care, to join their Health Centre based in Galiwin’ku Northern Territory.
Miwatj Health provides clinical and community-based services to meet the needs of the East Arnhem region and believes in delivering effective, safe, high-quality personal and non-personal health interventions to those who need them, when and where they need them.
As the successful candidate your objective will be to deliver acute care and emergency nursing services to the population of Galiwin’ku. You will work in the Acute Care Program, alongside Aboriginal Health Practitioners to deliver culturally inclusive, high quality and evidence based acute emergency care, as well as delivery of vaccinations to the community.
What You Need To Apply?
- Current AHPRA registration as a Registered Nurse
- Minimum of 5 years nursing experience in areas within an emergency department
- 2yrs - 3yrs experience in remote community health care
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of Indigenous culture and social determinants
- Capacity and willingness to live and work in a remote area community
- Participate in a 24-hour service via an afterhours on call roster
- Current Advanced Life Support certificate (ALS)
- Current Remote Emergency Care certificate (REC)
- Current About Giving Vaccines (AGV) certificate or equivalent
- Current Police Records and NT Working with Children clearances
- Current manual drivers’ licence
- Post graduate qualifications and experience in emergency nursing, paediatrics, midwifery, mental health, primary health care and public health
- Current Maternity Emergency Course certificate (MEC) looked on favourably
- Four-wheel drive and large vehicle driving experience
- Current Remote Pharmocotherapeutic certificate or equivalent
For more detailed information, please contact Barbara for a position description.
What’s In It For You?
- Excellent salary of $107,385 - $115,365 plus superannuation
- Salary sacrificing of $15,900 p/a
- 6 weeks annual leave with 17.5% loading
- On call and remote allowance
- Relocation package to eligible candidates
- Accommodation and vehicle supplied to eligible candidates
- Amazing retention bonus after 12-month qualifying period
- Career progression opportunities
- Explore amazing beaches and locations steeped in history
- Experience community artist’s artwork, weaving, carvings, and much more
Are you looking for a change of scenery? Do you feel you need a new challenge?
APPLY TODAY by clicking the “APPLY NOW” link
Want to find out more about this opportunity? Please contact Barbara for more information on 08 8982 1010.