- Are you a passionate Remote Area Nurse specialising in Child Health?
- Have you been looking for an opportunity to use your skills?
- Would you like to explore a beautiful tropical location?
This is the role you have been waiting for!
Rural Workforce Agency NT (RWA NT) are partnering with Miwatj Health Aboriginal Corporation (Miwatj Health) to find a Remote Area Nurse specialising in Child Health, to join their dedicated team in Galiwin'ku Northern Territory.
Miwatj Health is an independent Aboriginal-controlled health service providing resources and support to the Yolngu people to enable them to assume control over the delivery of health services to the communities of the East Arnhem region.
Being successful in the role, you will be able to work in the Child Health Program in collaboration with Aboriginal Health Practitioners, to provide high quality and evidence based health care, as well as provide culturally inclusive health care to the Galiwin'ku community.
What do you need to apply?
- Unrestricted working rights within Australia
- Current AHPRA registration as a Registered Nurse
- Five years broad nursing experience in areas within Child Health and two to three years in a remote health settings
- Demonstrated knowledge of the principles of Primary Health Care, and program delivery in a Primary Health Care
- Capacity to reside in remote communities.
- Current Remote Emergency Care certificate (REC)
- Current Manual drivers’ licence with ability to operate a 4x4 wheel drive vehicle, desired
- Current Advanced Life Support (ALS)
- Current Police Records and NT Working with Children clearances
- Current About Giving Vaccines certificate or willing to obtain
- Evidence of recent continuous professional development in remote area and emergency care
- Post graduate qualifications or experience in emergency nursing, paediatrics, midwifery, mental health, primary health care and public health desired
- Current Maternity Emergency Course certificate (MEC) or equivalent preferred
- Current Remote Pharmocotherapeutic certificate or equivalent desirable
What’s in it for you?
- Excellent salary of $107,385 - $115,365 plus super
- Salary sacrificing of $15,900 p/a
- 6 weeks annual leave with 17.5% loading
- Relocation assistance to eligible candidates
- Accommodation and vehicle provided
- Amazing retention bonus after 12-month qualifying period
- Career progression opportunities
- Explore and experience the tropical wonders and historical locations of East Arnhem Land
For more detailed information or a position description, please contact Barbara on 08 8982 1010.
Have you been looking for a role you can immerse yourself in? Do you have amazing skills and experience?
We want to hear from you! Apply today by clicking the Apply Now.