- Are you a registered clinician immediately available for a contract role?
- Do you have experience working with Aboriginal communities and infection control?
- Are you based in the Northern Territory?
Rural Workforce Agency NT (RWA NT) has partnered with Aboriginal Medical Services Alliance Northern Territory (AMSANT) to find a Clinical COVID-19 Advisor to assist ACCHS's preparation for the COVID-19 pandemic. By providing education and advice to member services on COVID-19 and related issues this position will support individual services with pandemic planning and use of appropriate infection control measures, through sharing of resources and training using a 'Train the Trainer' approach.
Key Responsibilities, but not limited to:
- Provide resources and information to services on COVID-19 and pandemic planning and develop a resource library.
- Provide support to ACCHS's on pandemic planning at an individual service level, with support being tailored to the level of readiness of each service.
- Provide training to staff on COVID-19 about infection control including the correct use of the PPE.
- Assist in gathering information on critical service level issues such as shortages of PPE and staffing.
- Provide information, support and resources to services to; support health promotion and prevention, support staff to tailor the prevention approach to the risk in each community, and incorporate community and cultural consideration.
To be considered for this opportunity, you must meet the below essential criteria:
- Current registration with AHPRA as a Registered Nurse or Aboriginal Health Practitioner.
- Significant understanding of Infection Control measures including in primary health care.
- Critical thinking skills to source, filter and provide credible information on the rapidly changing COVID-19 situation and the best practice use of PPE and other control measures.
- Ability to work independently in a dynamic, rapidly changing environment.
- Understanding of the Aboriginal PHC sector in the NT including the ACCHS sector.
- Capacity to undertake staff training and use the train the trainer approach.