Women’s Legal Service Inc. (WLS) is a nationally recognised, leading and innovative not for profit organisation in Australia. WLS provides high quality legal and social support services to women, specialising in the areas of family law, domestic violence, child protection, financial abuse legal protection and sexual assault through our counselling notes protect program.
The service is committed to the creation of a society in which woman are safe from violence, are heard and respected, and receive a fair and just legal outcome.
YOUR NEW ROLE
As the Grants and Major Giving Specialist, you will be responsible for reviewing, assessing and developing distinct key functions of fundraising relating to Trusts, Grants and Foundations, Major Gifts, and the Planned Giving portfolio at WLS.
You will be responsible for:
- Ensuring the timely development and delivery of Grant submissions with relevant support documents, project managing applications, monitoring/advising on program spend and submitting timely acquittals.
- Undertaking a strategic review of Grants, Major Gifts and Planned Giving programs that considers WLS projects, equipment and other opportunities likely to be funded and identifying where gaps exist in funding.
- Building solid relationships with philanthropic trusts, government bodies and private ancillary funds.
- Developing relationships and steward donors that support WLS with major gifts in a consistent and relationship-oriented way.
- Assisting in the development of business development line budgets and being responsible for ongoing monitoring, review, reporting and adherence to set budgets.
The successful applicant will be required to address the following Key Selection Criteria:
- Demonstrated experience in building MG, TGF, PAF and PG fundraising market programs.
- Demonstrated experience contributing to the development of and delivery of integrated business development plans, including the growth of new and existing supporter bases.
- Demonstrated experience writing strategic and highly effective funding submissions documents which achieve objectives and deliver financial ROI.
- Solid network of contacts in the government, grants and PAF’s sector.
- Demonstrated strong level of negotiation and communication skills, both orally and in writing.
- Strong capability in managing relationships across all stakeholder groups, both externally and internally.
- Highly organised with strong administration and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work as a team player within the Fundraising team.
This role is being offered on a 12 month maximum term contract.
REMUNERATION AND BENEFITS
In addition to having a meaningful and rewarding role, you will also receive:
- An attractive remuneration package $91,500 – $96,500 + superannuation.
- Generous paid leave entitlements.
- Eligibility to salary sacrifice expense payments for mortgage, rent and credit cards etc.
WLSQ has an exemption under the Anti-Discrimination Act 1991 that allows for the employment of women only within the organisation.