- Classification: Social, Community, Homecare & Disability Services Industrial Award 2010
- Remuneration: SCHADS Award – Level 3-4 ($60-75k per annum) plus salary sacrificing
- Working Hours: Full Time to 0.8 by negotiation
- Reports to: Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
- Woman Identified Role
Women’s Health Queensland Inc (WHQ) is a not for profit health and well-being service for women. We provide counselling and health and wellbeing support to women across the state while also providing advocacy and community-based capacity building and education.
WHQ service delivery is guided by a strategic and operational plan. We work with a diverse range of clients and stakeholders. We acknowledge that not everyone who may seek our services may identify as female. WHQ is a pro-choice, feminist organisation.
As an Incorporated Association, the organisation is led by a Board who works in partnership with the staff to ensure that WHQ functions as an effective and dynamic organisation.
ABOUT THE JOB
This position is responsible for building a strong media and online presence for WHQ, promoting our organisation and services to new audiences. You will contribute to developing innovative programs and approaches for WHQ. The role is responsible for building and nurturing new philanthropic, corporate and strategic partnerships to support WHQ to meet its strategic objectives and reach new audiences.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES.
You will be accountable for:
- Identifying and fostering beneficial relationships with philanthropic, corporate and government partners to enhance and expand the services WHQ offer
- Understanding and clearly communicating deliverables to partnership agencies to ensure objectives and standards are achieved
- Increasing the profile and reputation of WHQ, promoting the organisation positively to key stakeholders, target groups and the public
- Developing communication strategies, delivering media campaigns, writing press releases and content
- Developing and overseeing digital engagement strategies, including the development of content
- Using innovation to collaboratively develop new programs
- Commitment to the values of WHQ
- Supportive & collaborative team member
- Integrity & Honest
- Ownership & accountability
- Resilience with a problem-solving attitude
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- Current Blue Card (or capacity to obtain)
Please respond to the selection criteria in no more than 2-3 pages.
- Relevant tertiary qualification in communication, marketing, media, public relations, philanthropy or similar with a minimum of 3 years of professional experience
- Demonstrated skills in developing and executing successful media / social media campaigns
- Experience building philanthropic, corporate or government partnerships to achieve successful outcomes
- Demonstrated skills in innovation and communication strategy
- A great communicator who is passionate about supporting vulnerable women and able to inspire others
- What key thing should WHQ focus on to take our organisation to the next level? And why are you the right person to lead that?
Desirable but non-essential skills
- Strong knowledge of and experience in the use of social media and website IT applications. Including experience with graphic design and electronic communication platforms such as Adobe InDesign, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Mailchimp, Shutterstock and iStock
- Knowledge of legal obligations regarding copyright, artistic moral rights and trademarks
Extra duties may be required as requested by your direct line manager.
You may be required to work hours outside the normal work hours at varying locations. You will be compensated for any additional costs associated with working outside normal work hours in line with the SCHADS Award and National Employment Standards and WHQ Policies and Procedures.