Mums & Kids Matter
- Permanent full-time role
- Based in Liverpool, NSW
- Great career opportunity
- Generous salary packaging benefits
Wesley Mission is a high profile, multi-faceted Christian organisation making a real difference in the community. We work with the most disadvantaged in our community by providing over 200 services ranging from aged care, homeless services, child and family care, counselling, employment, training and education, and health services.
Our Vision is “Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as ever you can.”
About the program
Mums & Kids Matter is a Wesley Mission program that supports mothers living with stable and managed mental illness by promoting healthy attachment, building parenting skills as well as psychosocial skills.
About the role
We are looking for a registered and highly skilled perinatal mental health clinician to lead the clinical team. The candidate will work within a multidisciplinary team that delivers a 24-hour residential service as well an in-house community service across NSW.
The main aspect of this role is delivering direct and comprehensive care to vulnerable families with a focus on mums with children 0-5 years. The role will also encompass coaching staff and clients, staff supervision and training.
Would suit someone in the profession of Social Worker, Occupational Therapist, Midwife, Registered Nurse (Clinical Nurse Specialist or Consultant Level).
- Tertiary qualifications in Nursing, Midwifery, Social Work or Occupational Therapy with minimum 3 years clinical experience in mental health
- Evidence of ongoing professional development in a mental health, child and family or related field
- Current registration/accreditation with relevant agency e.g. The Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA), Nursing and Midwifery Board, Australian Association of Social Workers
- Previous experience working with vulnerable families, women and infants, particularly those with perinatal mental illness and psychosocial risks (e.g. complexities; domestic violence, homelessness)
- Experience working with children 0-5 years
- Proven clinical skills in coaching, mentoring, training and/or supervision
- Demonstrated case management skills, including care coordination and care planning
- Excellent interpersonal and organisational skills
- Commitment to work as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Knowledge of child protection and mandatory reporting
- Willingness to work within the roster: Monday - Friday or Tuesday - Saturday
- Able to affirm and work in accordance with Wesley Mission’s vision, mission and values
- Australian citizen or permanent resident
- computer literate and able to use computerised database (training will be provided)
- must hold a current unrestricted NSW driver’s License
- Experience in team leadership, support or training
- Knowledge and skills in delivering psychosocial interventions using evidence-based practice
- Facilitating parenting or psychosocial skills groups such as DBT, CBT, Circle of Security
- Confidence with coaching and mentoring staff
- Knowledge of data-collection, weekly and monthly audits
The salary range for this position is in accordance with the SCHADS Award Level 6 and Nurses Award (2010) Level 3 plus an above award component to match other awards used in NSW for comparable levels.
- Attractive tax saving salary packaging; sacrifice up to $15,900 of your yearly income
- Superannuation is paid in addition, at 9.5%
- Access to discounted Bupa Health and Travel insurance
- Career growth and training opportunities in a valuable sector
- Study leave and financial assistance through our Educational Assistance Scheme for eligible staff
- Access to free personal and professional support program
- Fully maintained vehicle for business and private use