Wesley Mission Opportunity Pathways
- Full-time position
- Based in Port Macquarie, also providing outreach to Kempsey
- Attractive salary packaging benefits
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people strongly encouraged to apply
- Access to a pool vehicle is provided for work purposes
Wesley Mission is a high profile, multi-faceted Christian organisation making a real difference in the community. We work with the most disadvantaged in our community by providing over 200 services ranging from aged care, homeless services, child and family care, counselling, employment, training and education, and health services.
Our Vision is “Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as ever you can.”
About the program
Opportunity Pathways aims to improve the employment outcomes of Social Housing Clients. The objectives of Opportunity Pathways are to:
- Assist participants to gain, retain or increase employment, by accessing supports and practical assistance, and by participating in activities, training and work opportunities; and
- Encourage and support participants to positively exit social housing or Rent Choice subsidies and move to full housing independence, to reduce their reliance on government assistance, where appropriate.
The key intended outcomes are as follows:
- Economic: participants achieve and are engaged in employment in a field or industry identified in an agreed plan;
- Education and Skills: participants have improved skills through training or education and improved work readiness;
- Empowerment: participants increase their confidence, self-esteem and hope for the future;
- Social and Community: participants are role models for a working lifestyle to family and peers;
- Health: participants have improved physical and mental health, and sense of wellbeing; and
- Home: participants achieve housing independence, where appropriate.
About the role
The Employment Coach provides intensive “wrap around” case management support to participants under our Opportunity Pathways program. Working closely with our Program Manager and Training and Employment teams you will coordinate and facilitate the delivery of program services to clients from Social, Community & Aboriginal housing backgrounds, as well as Rent Choice recipients.
This challenging role requires individual resilience, a professional attitude, ability to handle multiple demands, experience in case work and an ability to engage with vulnerable people living in social housing. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply.
Essential selection criteria – please address each point
- Tertiary qualifications and/or experience in Human Services, Employment Services and/or Social Science
- Demonstrated experience in case management services working with vulnerable people in a community-based context
- Ability to engage with employers, service providers, clients and their communities to address vocational and non-vocational barriers
- An understanding of the challenges faced by people from a disadvantaged background who may be accessing social housing
- Ability to work as part of a small dynamic team to meet contractual and organisational KPIs
- Excellent time management and negotiation skills
- Demonstrated high-level written and verbal communication skills
- Computer skills including Microsoft and Client Management applications
- Current full driver’s license, and willingness to travel across the Mid-North Coast as required.
- Demonstrated experience in working in Employment Services
- Experience completing intake assessments
- Awareness & knowledge of social housing programs/initiatives.
Wesley Mission is a Christian organisation requiring all staff to affirm its values. We are committed to providing an environment in which children can feel safe and valued.
The suitable applicant will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks for appointment to positions within Wesley Mission (including provision of a valid Working with Children Check clearance number and National Criminal Record Check).
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply.
For phone enquiries, please contact:
Phone: 0437 977 464