Wesley Dalmar Family Preservation Program
- Part-time position 22.8 hrs per week
- Based in Taree
- Opportunity to expand your skills
- Generous salary packaging benefits
Wesley Mission is seeking a Clinician to join the Wesley Dalmar Family Preservation team. The position offers challenging and rewarding opportunities to work in the family home with children and birth parents residing between Foster and Kempsey. The Clinician will provide therapy within a trauma-informed framework to birth parents to address underlying psychological needs and enhance parenting capacity to prevent children moving unnecessarily into foster care.
Wesley Mission is a high profile, multi-faceted Christian organisation making a real difference in the community. Our Vision is “Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as ever you can.”
- Degree qualification from a recognised tertiary institution in Social Work, Counselling or Psychology as deemed appropriate to the roles and responsibilities of the position with current registration. Post graduate qualifications will be highly regarded.
- Comprehensive understanding of the current child protection service system, policy and practice, and the needs of children in OOHC, including knowledge of:
- Legislative requirements – Children and Young Persons (Care and Protection) Act 1998; Child Protection (Prohibited Employment) Act 1998; Ombudsman Act 1974 (Amendment); Commission for Children and Young People Act 1998; the Adoption of Children Act 2000 and other relevant legislation
- UN Convention on the Rights of the Child
- Comprehensive understanding of key risk factors and the effect of trauma on childhood and adult development
- Understanding of the impact of grief and loss in children, young people and adults
- Demonstrated psychosocial knowledge, clinical reasoning and practice skills that enhance the service’s ability to assess the social, psychological and environmental needs of complex clients within the clinical specialty area of child protection and developmental trauma
- Demonstrated ability to conduct comprehensive clinical assessments and formulate intervention plans
- Understanding of positive behavior management techniques
- Working within a strength-based framework to increase resilience and positive lifestyle outcomes of children and young people
- Demonstrated ability to engage with children/young people/carers where there are high and complex needs and work in partnership with them to achieve their goals, using a variety of intervention strategies from a range of theoretical models
- Demonstrated high-level communication (written and oral), negotiation and advocacy skills
- Sound record keeping, data collection and management, statistical analysis, report writing and computer skills including an ability to concisely and accurately record all key interactions and case-notes
- Working collaboratively with other internal services and external stakeholders to achieve client needs and therapeutic and developmental goals
- Current NSW driver’s licence and a willingness to travel as required.
Wesley Mission provides regular supervision and support for all staff and opportunities for professional development. Salary and conditions of employment are based on the SCHADS (Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award) Level 6, with generous salary packaging opportunities.
Wesley Mission is a Christian organisation requiring all staff to affirm its values. We are committed to providing an environment in which children can feel safe and valued.
The suitable applicant will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks for appointment to positions within Wesley Mission (including provision of a valid Working with Children Check clearance number). Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
For an information package, please contact Rachel Geddes (Program Manager) via email at: Rachel.Geddes@wesleymission.org.au, using the subject line: Clinician - Taree enquiry via EthicalJobs.
For further information or details on salary and conditions of employment, please contact Rachel Geddes directly on 0419 630 442.
A position description is attached.