Mums and Kids Matter
- Full-time position
- Based in Liverpool
- Community role in and around metropolitan and regional NSW
- Vehicle and salary packaging included
Wesley Mission is a high profile, multi-faceted Christian organisation making a real difference in the community. We work with the most disadvantaged in our community by providing over 200 services ranging from aged care, homeless services, child and family care, counselling, employment, training and education, and health services.
Our Vision is “Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as ever you can.”
About the program
Mums & Kids Matter is a Wesley Mission program that supports mothers living with stable and managed mental illness by promoting healthy attachment, building parenting skills as well as psychosocial skills.
We are looking for a registered and highly-skilled Child and Family Health Nurse or Midwife with experience in working with vulnerable families. The candidate will work within a multidisciplinary team that delivers a 24-hour residential service as well an in-house community service across NSW.
As a member of a larger multidisciplinary team, your key role will be to provide parenting support to mothers with issues such as infant feeding, sleep and settling, family routines and helping facilitate parenting groups (Tuning into Kids, Circle of Security or Marte Meo).
This role is an exciting hands-on parenting and mother craft coaching for moms parenting children 0-5years in the community.
- Tertiary qualifications Nursing or Midwifery with membership of an appropriate professional body (AHPRA)
- Experience in working with families in the health/welfare sector or mother and baby unit with the ability to assess and assist parents with early parenting and infant/early childhood challenges such as sleep, settling, feeding and behavioural difficulties
- Community child and family health experience
- Strong knowledge of theory and practice of early childhood development and early parenting including knowledge and application of attachment theory
- Knowledge and commitment to working in a person-centred recovery-oriented approach
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills, including diplomacy, the ability to be adaptable, self-motivation and demonstrated empathy towards others
- Flexibility to cover the 7-day roster, when required
- Holder of a current unrestricted NSW driver’s licence
- Understanding of child protection issues
- Specialised knowledge of healthy childcare development and behaviour
- Demonstrated experience assessing for peri-natal and infant mental health
- Care coordination/case management
- Knowledge of attachment theory
- Knowledge of circle of security, Marte Meo or Tuning into Kids
- Perinatal mental health nursing experience
- Experience with child developmental assessments
- Experience with teaching parenting skills
- Experience working with families (including children 0-5).
- Maintain professional competency standards of Child and Family nursing practice
- Knowledge of current Family and Child Health evidence-based practices and policies
The salary range for this position is in accordance with the Nurses Award (2010) Level 2 plus an above award component to match other awards used in NSW for comparable levels.
- Attractive tax saving salary packaging
- Superannuation is paid in addition, at 9.5%
- Access to discounted Bupa Health and Travel insurance
- Career growth and training opportunities in a valuable sector
- Study leave and financial assistance through our Educational Assistance Scheme for eligible staff
- Access to free personal and professional support program
- Fully maintained vehicle