- Salary: 0.8 Part-time Pro-rata based on a full-time equivalent of $90,000 p.a.
- Fixed-term 12 month 0.8 Part Time position (with potential to extend)
- Location: Darwin (negotiable)
About the Indigenous Carbon Industry Network
The Indigenous Carbon Industry Network (ICIN) is the peak industry body representing Indigenous owned and operated carbon projects across Australia.
It is currently auspiced by Warddeken Land Management Ltd, a registered Indigenous-owned not-for-profit charity owned by Traditional Owners of the West Arnhem Land region with interests in the Warddeken Indigenous Protected Area.
Since its establishment in 2018, the ICIN has rapidly grown in both membership and services, and has recently been incorporated as an independent not-for-profit company, overseen by a seven person Aboriginal Board of Directors. It is currently in the process of transitioning from operational management under Warddeken Land Management Ltd, to the new governance structure of ICIN Ltd.
The network is currently supported by a part-time CEO and part-time Communications Officer.
About THE Role
To inform the continuing growth of the organisation, the ICIN is seeking an experienced Business Development Manager to work with ICIN Staff and Board to develop, and implement, a comprehensive strategic business plan.
The successful applicant will not only provide guidance to ICIN Staff and Directors but will also support relationships between the organisation and its members and funders, to ensuring that ICIN Member’s expectations are met and that the organisation is operating in line with its mission, values, obligations and the rules set out under its Constitution.
This is a unique opportunity for the right person to contribute substantially to the consolidation, and growth of Australia’s first Indigenous-owned carbon industry network, and therefore support more Indigenous people and organisations from across Australia to understand, access and lead emerging carbon markets in Australia.
It is preferred that the successful applicant works from our office in Darwin, NT.
- You will be experienced in business, financial and operational management, including relevant qualifications in a related field.
- You will have a demonstrated and strong commitment to Indigenous self-determination as well as experience working with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
- You appreciate the importance of relationships to the effectiveness, particularly while working in a cross-cultural setting and many different language groups, and seek to maintain these through good communication and being mindful of cultural protocols.
- You work with integrity and have an ability to quickly distill complex information and ideas.
- You have an excellent reputation for transparency and for taking a well thought-out, strategic approach to your work.
- You have a strong ability to rise to a challenge.
- You have an eye for detail and a good understanding of the operational management needs of a small not-for-profit organisation.
- You are able to map out and communicate business needs in a strategic, clear and pragmatic way.
- You understand the principles of marketing, branding and communications and are able to apply these in a systemic and holistic way.
- You are able to work together as a team and manage projects to deadline.
- Highly developed communication skills.
- Relevant qualifications and experience in strategic business planning.
- Ability to work in a highly dynamic environment.
- An ability to quickly and accurately interpret complex ideas in a holistic and cross-cultural setting.
- Experience in financial management and fundraising.
- Experience in working with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Project management experience, including demonstrated ability to deliver outcomes within project timeframes.
- A demonstrated commitment to Indigenous self-determination.
- A demonstrated commitment to both transparency and integrity.
- Understanding of the Indigenous carbon industry.
- Understanding of key drivers in carbon markets.
- Experience in delivering marketing and branding strategies.
- Experience in systems management.
- A working knowledge of MYOB.
- Experience in working for a membership organisation or peak body.
Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged.
See www.icin.org.au for further information about ICIN.
See www.warddeken.com.au for further information about Warddeken Land Management Ltd.
Enquiries: Anna Boustead 0417 989 577.
A position description is attached.