- Location: Remote (QLD NSW, VIC, TAS)
- Full Time, 5 days / 37.5 Hours per week
- 12-month contract with a view to extension to 3 years
- This is an identified position that requires a person to be of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander heritage
ABOUT OUR CLIENT
The Our Client is an Indigenous not for profit organisation that provides leadership, advocacy and action to protect, conserve and enhance cultural and natural values of people and Country through cultural fire and land management practices. Our Client values and respects country, local knowledge, protocols of Elders and ancestors and are committed to providing a supportive Indigenous led network that fosters a community of practice to maintain and share Cultural fire knowledge and practice on Country.
The Our Client partners with diverse communities, landholders, agencies and institutions across the continent. Together Our Client is identifying pathways to apply cultural fire to landscape, to help heal and care for Country and empowering communities through mentorship and shared understandings that are improving fire management in Australia.
At Our Client, our purpose is to empower the community in supporting the recognition and revitalisation of Cultural fire through the sharing of knowledge and practice across Australia.
Our Client empowers Indigenous leadership, advocacy and action to protect, conserve and enhance cultural fire and land management practices. We apply our methodology showing our connection to Culture, Community and Country.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
The Fundraising & Partnerships Coordinator will be responsible for the day-to-day operational management and implementation of all activities pertaining to partnership development and fundraising for Our Client.
The best fit for this role is somebody who has:
- Diploma in Marketing, Events, Communications and/or similar
- Three-years’ experience as a Fundraising and Partnerships Coordinator or similar role
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects with shifting and short deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to engage with both internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent organisational skills and detail orientated
- Demonstrated experience in negotiation and objection handling
- Excellent attention to detail and accurate data entry
- Partnership management experience within either the not-for-profit, education or corporate sector
- Experience in the not-for-profit / fundraising sector with strong administration skills
- Understanding of corporate social responsibility principles
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Sound proficiency with Microsoft office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- The ability to travel and work flexibly
- A track record of working with communities and individuals to create positive impact
- Ability to work autonomously
CORE DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The Fundraising & Partnerships Coordinator will be responsible for all internal and external communications.
Marketing, Communications Fundraising & Partnerships:
- Preparing, coordinating and distributing agendas, minutes and other relevant papers and information for meetings
- Being the contact person for the many internal and external stakeholders accessing the marketing team
- Develop mutually beneficial relationships with potential major donors, corporates, Trusts and Foundations, and other philanthropic sources of income
- Create and manage fundraising campaigns to generate sustainable sources of philanthropic income
- Work productively with selected specialist service providers in fundraising, marketing and communications
- Ensure that the contact history with potential philanthropic supporters is entered accurately and kept up-to-date in the Our Client Alliance CRM
- Input to the development of fundraising procedures and policies
- Respond to emails and phone enquiries in a timely manner from supporters, processing of income, receipting and managing merchandise stock
- Promote and manage online crowdfunding campaigns, including regular communications and engagement with external and internal stakeholders
- Manage and support relationships with large donors and third parties holding events on behalf of Our Client
- Lead grant applications and other key opportunities for fundraising purposes
- Manage the relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Support in the delivery of community fundraising workshops and events
- Ensuring fundraising and partnership content and collateral is up to date, creative, innovative and aligns with the Firestick mission and values
Finance & Administration:
- Planning and reporting to donors, partners and Trusts and Foundations
- Undertake administrative duties required, including maintaining comprehensive records
- Conceptualise, budget, and implement fundraising activities including campaigns, peer-to-peer, regular giving and event fundraising
- Inspire Our Client partners to raise funds through workplace giving, peer-to-peer fundraising and events
- Preparing, coordinating, and distributing agendas, minutes and other relevant papers and information for meetings, including for volunteer gift-seeking committees as formed
- Manage invoicing, receipting, and expenses in relation to fundraising and marketing
This is a full-time employment contract (5 days/per week) with a duration of 12 months with a view to extending to 3 years, ideally commencing ASAP. To successfully fulfil their job requirements, the successful candidate will be sometimes required to travel within Australia and work outside normal work hours.
This is a remote based opportunity, we will consider applicants who are located in QLD, NSW, VIC & TAS
This is a 12-month fixed term contract with the Our Client Alliance. Base Salary is $85,000 per annum plus superannuation and allowances (TFR $116,000). Extension beyond 12 months is subject to external funding.
This is an Aboriginal Identified Role – Only applications from Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander heritage people will be considered.