- Hours: 22.8 hours per week worked over 3 days open to negotiation.
- Tues, Weds and Thurs
- Location: Level 1, 70 St Kilda Road, St Kilda
- Duration: Permanent Part Time (Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award (SCHADS) 2010. Social and Community Services employee)
- Responsible To: Operations Manager
- Reporting To: Operations Manager
Women’s Health in the South East (WHISE) is the regional women’s health service for the Southern Metropolitan Region. WHISE is a not-for-profit organisation that focuses on empowering women. We work to improve the health and well-being of women in our region by providing health information and education to governments, organisations, education providers, and community groups.
Our team of health promotion professionals work to promote gender equality, sexual and reproductive health and the prevention of violence against women.
This role makes a vital contribution to the smooth operations of WHISE and its projects. Those that are successful in this roll will:
- Deliver high level administrative services to support the smooth running of WHISE Business operations.
- Lead all administrative functions as they relate to the administration and business needs of WHISE including correspondence, meeting preparation for WHISE Board and project committees and WHISE events.
- Support the delivery of WHISE publications and promotional material including social media, annual report, research reports, newsletters, information booklets, email bulletins, brochures and banners and liaise with external suppliers such as subject matter experts, designers, printers and agencies.
To achieve the objectives of this role, the incumbent will:
- Be the first point of call for incoming phone calls, stakeholders and correspondence into WHISE including coordinating the general WHISE email addresses.
- Provide high level service to WHISE customers/stakeholders who contact WHISE by reflecting and representing the WHISE values, goals and mission.
- Be the lead within the organisation on maintaining the WHISE database including creating mailing and communication lists as required by staff.
- Be the lead within the organisation for coordinating and running the membership database including the annual renewals and processing new memberships.
- Maintain relevant staff rosters and be lead in ensuring office supplies and stationary stock are maintained.
- Act as lead in the coordination and support for WHISE events including managing internal meeting/event space, working with staff to support coordination and successful running of WHISE events (internal or externally held) including catering, registration, promotion of events through database and social media.
- Work with the Communications Officer to assist in production and distribution of publications and promotion material and implement the WHISE social media plan.
- Work with the Operations Manager to be the first point of contact for Staff to report any IT issues and Office maintenance issues for action.
- Work with the Operations Manager to assist in the implementation and information sharing with Staff on new policies and procedures.
- Provide diary and scheduling support for the CEO including booking of appointments and meetings and following up on correspondence.
- Other duties as required.
Occupation Health and Safety
- Follow safe work practices, procedures, instructions and rules.
- Perform all duties in a manner, which ensures personal health and safety and that of others in the workplace.
- Report all hazards or incidents that cause or may cause harm.
- Provide courteous advice and assistance to clients and visitors of WHISE.
- Maintain effective working relationships with staff and regularly participate in team and organisational activities.
- Understand the budget constraints and where possible suggest strategies for improvement.
- Be conversant with computer systems and other technology relevant to the position.
- Carry out all other duties as directed consistent with WHISE’s Strategic Directions.
- Apply a risk management approach to all tasks undertaken at work.
Selection Criteria Essential
- Strong administration and business support skills.
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills.
- Working knowledge of managing/coordinating social media and coordination support on basic organisation communication tasks.
- Working knowledge of membership organisations and experience in providing quality service to organisation members; demonstrated experience in providing high level customer service in a service environment.
- Experience in providing coordination support to running high level meetings and events.
- Experience in working for a small not for profit organisation and/or business.
- Proven ability to work both independently and cooperatively as part of a team.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with women from a diverse range of backgrounds.
- Demonstrated ability to use Microsoft Office and capacity to coordinate and maintain data bases.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to different situations and tasks on a day to day basis.
- Demonstrated understanding of and commitment to the philosophy, values and the feminist framework on which the organisation is based.
- Previous experience in a similar role.
- Knowledge of the Southern Metropolitan Region.
- Fluency in a second language, and/or familiarity with a second cultural or ethnic group would be well regarded.
Terms and Conditions
- The successful applicant will be required to undertake a police records check and Working with Children Check.
- Appointment is subject to the outcome of these checks.
- All employees are required to sign and comply with WHISE’s Code of Conduct
Code of Behaviour in the Workplace and Confidentiality and Privacy.
- All employees are required to carry out their duties in a manner that does not adversely affect their own health and safety and that of others by reporting all incidents and injuries as well as co-operating with any measures introduced into the workplace to improve Occupational Health & Safety.
- Prior to being appointed to this position it is required that there is a full disclosure of any pre-existing injuries or diseases that might be affected by employment in this position.
- Salary Packaging arrangements are available to all staff.
- This position description operates in conjunction with and forms part of the relevant individual performance development review plan. An initial review will take place six months following commencement of employment and then on an annual basis.
- This position is offered subject to ongoing funding from the Department of Health.
A position description is attached.