- Location: Wangaratta
- Contract: Ongoing, subject to funding
- Hours of Work: 15.2 hours per week
WHGNE is a dynamic, independent, feminist organisation committed to improving the health, safety and wellbeing of women across Goulburn and North East Victoria. We are dedicated to promoting the health outcomes of all women, and to improving the delivery of health and community services for women in our local rural communities. We acknowledge and affirm the diversity, capability, strength, and resilience of women, and work to build on these strengths to achieve safer, fairer and more equitable social, environmental and economic outcomes for women.
To achieve this goal, we:
- Research women’s experiences of health to raise awareness, change attitudes, and influence service response.
- Are alert to the political environment, and work to uphold and advance women’s rights by influencing policy and planning.
- Provide professional training and capacity building to develop skills and resources that empower local women, communities and service providers.
- Implement a range of integrated health promotion activities across Goulburn and North East Victoria via key priorities of Gender Equity (including Economic Empowerment), Prevention of Violence Against Women (PVAW), and Sexual and Reproductive Health.
- Work in strong collaboration with women, organisations and communities.
Position objective and overview
WHGNE administers the No Interest Loans Scheme (NILS), which provide interest free loans to women on low incomes. The NILS program is accredited by Good Shepherd Microfinance (GSM) and delivered in accordance with GSM requirements. The NILS Worker position is responsible for overseeing the administration and coordination of NILS program.
- Demonstrate a commitment to the Vision and Values of Women’s Health Goulburn North East.
- Hold a Health Promotion, Public Health, Social or Health Science, OR a degree in Counselling, with at least three years relevant post qualification experience.
- Comprehensive understanding of financial capability and primary prevention principles, including theoretical models and frameworks relevant to women’s economic empowerment.
- Demonstrated capacity to use initiative and work with limited supervision on specific projects that contribute to organisational plans.
- Demonstrated capacity to work creatively and effectively within a team environment
- Demonstrate well-developed liaison, communication and presentation skills, including the ability to consult with relevant agencies in the health and community sectors, as well as the general public.
- Demonstrate well-developed administration and IT skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office, ability to use and maintain a database, and ability to prepare and present reports and research findings.
- Full Victorian motor vehicle licence.
Note for potential applicants:
- WHGNE encourages, supports and welcomes women with diverse abilities, cultures and lifestyles
- WHGNE is committed to supporting skill development, and encourages applications from women who believe they meet the majority of the key selection criteria and are keen to build further skills and experience
Women’s Health Goulburn North East has an exemption under the equal opportunity act to employ only women: EO #H68/2017.
A position description is attached.