- Location: Wangaratta
- Contract: Up to 2 years, finishing on 30th June 2022
- Hours of Work: Up to 30.4 hours per week (0.8 EFT)
Women’s Health Goulburn North East is a regional women’s health promotion agency and is the leader in its vision that rural women and girls have optimal health and wellbeing.
How we work:
- Build the capacity of communities and support change management in other organisations to create environments that support gender equity.
- Improve rural women’s access to the requisites for health (peace, shelter, education, food, income, a stable eco-system, sustainable resources, social justice, and equity) regardless of their circumstances.
- Keep well-informed of the political environment and research women’s experiences of health to raise awareness, change attitudes, and influence policy and legislation to advance the rights of women.
- Work in strong collaboration with women, organisations and communities.
Position objective and overview
Based in Wangaratta, the Health Promotion Worker contributes to planning, development, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of strategies that support the organisation’s Integrated Health Promotion plan. This role also provides general office support for the organisation.
The Worker will be part of a small team of professional women who plan, implement, and evaluate health promotion strategies aimed at promoting health and wellbeing for women and girls throughout the Region.
With regular supervision, job functions for this Level 2 position may encompass work across all priority areas set out in the Health Promotion and Strategic Plans.
This role will:
- Assist in the coordination of organisational training, events, including planning, communications, and evaluation.
- Provide support on training projects, health promotion team projects and community engagement initiatives.
- Provide general office administrative support.
- Participate in team planning processes.
- Demonstrate a commitment to the Vision and Values of Women’s Health Goulburn North East.
- Hold a Health Promotion, Public Health, Communications, and Marketing, Social or Health Science or equivalent degree.
- Demonstrate an understanding of health promotion and primary prevention principles.
- Demonstrate understanding of frameworks and methods related to planning, implementation and evaluation of integrated health promotion strategies.
- Demonstrate capacity to use initiative and work under regular supervision on specific projects within the organisation’s health promotion plan.
- Willing to work with a range of people from diverse backgrounds and key stakeholders in a respectful way.
- Demonstrated capacity to create engaging content that conveys project objectives and outcomes.
- Demonstrate a high level of verbal and written communication skills including computer literacy
- Full Victorian motor vehicle licence.
- Demonstrate an understanding of gender equity principles
Note for potential applicants:
- WHGNE encourages, supports and welcomes women with diverse abilities, cultures and lifestyles
- WHGNE is committed to supporting skill development, and encourages applications from women who believe they meet the majority of the key selection criteria and are keen to build further skills and experience
Women’s Health Goulburn North East has an exemption under the equal opportunity act to employ only women: EO #H68/2017.
A position description is attached.