For over 60 years, Westhaven Ltd has been a not for profit, community-based charity organisation who have been providing support to adults, children and young people with disability within NSW.
We have a strong focus on quality, flexibility and people-focused disability services.
WHY JOIN US:
- Attractive remuneration- Above award salary package with salary sacrifice available.
- Well-established company- Take pride in working for a highly-regarded and award-winning business.
- Professional development- Plenty of off the job and incidental training provided to you.
- Work-life balance- We support and encourage flexibility for a better work-life balance.
- Diverse team- Enjoy working within a culturally diverse and friendly team.
- Company allowances- Laptop, phone and discounted gym memberships are on offer to you.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
We currently a position available for Therapeutic Specialists to work within the Westhaven Intensive Therapeutic Care Team for Children and Young Persons with Significant Disability (ITC-SD).
As the Therapeutic Specialist, you will provide clinical advice and support to the Westhaven's Residential ITC-SD teams, who provide day to day care and support for CYP in Statutory OOHC.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Develop independence and pro-social behaviour for children and young people living with a disability in Westhaven's Residential OOHC Program
- Undertake or arrange an assessment of children and young people with a disability
- Lead 'Reflective Practice' processes for Care Teams
- Design, implement, evaluate and review evidence-based behaviour support interventions consistent with the Westhaven Behaviour Support Policy
- Lead the implementation of Westhaven's Therapeutic Practice Framework. Ensure that Westhaven's approach in the ITC-SD is consistent with the Therapeutic Practice Framework
- Educate and support the Care Team staff in the implementation of Behaviour Support Plans. Provide clinical advice, training, peer supervision, mentoring and debriefing to staff as required
- Review and assist in the implementation of "Best Practice' approaches to working with children and young people with a disability
- Fulfil duties as a Mandatory Reporter to provide an environment that children and young people in Westhaven's care are supported and safe from abuse and neglect
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- MUST reside in and hold full working rights in Australia
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a similar role
- Bachelor's Degree in Psychology, Social Work, or a relevant Behavioural Science
- Current registration with the professional body
- Clear Working with Children Check and National Criminal Record Check
- Current and up-to-date Driver's Licence
- Knowledge and understanding of the Children and Young Person (Care and Protection) Act 1998
- Knowledge and understanding of the NSW Child Safe Standards for Permanent Care
- Demonstrated ability to undertake child-focused behavioural assessments
- Capacity to work effectively both independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Proficiency in report writing and demonstrated an ability to develop, organise and maintain records in a professional and timely manner
- Proficient computer skills including the use of Client Management System
- Current Driver's licence
- Current First Aid Certificate
- Current Working with Children Check and a Criminal Records Check obtained within the last 6 months.
- Completion of the 'NDIS Worker Orientation Module" training.ndiscommission.gov.au
Holding a current Working with Children Check and completing a National Criminal History Record Check clearance are requirements of this position.