- Full Time
- Fixed-term contract - November 2023
- Location - Western Victoria Region or work from anywhere
- Salary: $74,989 + Super
Western Victoria Primary Health Network (PHN) is responsible for increasing the efficiency, effectiveness and coordination of health services for patients, particularly those at risk of poor health outcomes.
Together with our partners and communities, Western Victoria PHN is committed to strengthening the primary healthcare system, based on local needs. Our regional centres drive local engagement and ensure strong rural and regional connections through the development of local community and clinical councils.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The purpose of the Program Officer is to support the organisation to commission services through the design, development, monitoring and evaluation pieces of project work. This position can be based within the Western Victoria Region or working from anywhere.
BENEFITS OF WORKING WITH WESTERN VICTORIA PHN
We pride ourselves on being a supportive and flexible working place that offers a great range of benefits:
- Generous salary packaging options up to $15,990 + $2,650 meals and entertainment
- Professional development allowance ($1,200 per year per FTE) and leave.
- Family friendly and flexible working arrangements
- Collaboration with passionate, likeminded professionals
- Option to purchase additional leave.
- Additional leave between the Christmas and New Year period
- Up to 12 weeks paid parental leave.
- Employee Assistance Program
- Design, develop and deliver programs of work as required to ensure that commissioned services are delivered to the community at the right place, at the right time and at the right price
- Work with population health and planning consultants to co-design programs of work to be commissioned to market
- Work with the Health Intelligence team to utilise available data and stakeholder insights in the design and development of programs of work
- Consult with key stakeholders, including internal and external stakeholders in the design, development, monitoring and evaluation of programs of work
- Work with commissioned providers to manage contracts and monitor program deliverables and targets
- Ensure that primary health care is promoted in a positive manner
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Tertiary level qualifications in a health or community-related discipline, Health Promotion, Health Social Sciences or Health Service Planning, Public Health, community development or related discipline
- Strong project management and program development skills
- High level of skill in the use of MS applications and familiarity with Planning Tools
- Well-developed skills and ability to form effective professional relationships with stakeholders, government representatives and key professional bodies
- Good communication skills written and verbal
At WVPHN we promote a safety culture that ensures every employee actively participates in the health and wellbeing of themselves and their co-workers. All employees are expected to embrace this culture in line with the core values (respect, connect, lead) of the organisation.
The position description is attached below and available from our website: www.westvicphn.com.au.
For further information about the role, please contact:
Program Lead Service Delivery
Ph: 0415 173 778
firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line: Program Officer - Flexible Location enquiry via EthicalJobs
HOW TO APPLY
Click "Apply Now" and follow the instructions.
Previous Applicants Need Not Apply.
A position description is attached.