Wesley Mission Queensland (WMQ) is an innovative and responsive not-for-profit community service provider, with more than 70 locations throughout South East Queensland. We support more than 100,000 Queenslanders every year with aged care, disability and mental health services, youth and family programs, palliative care and emergency relief. With over 100 years' experience in caring for our community, Wesley Mission Queensland has a history steeped in hope, respect, compassion, empowerment, innovation, justice and integrity. To learn more about our organisation, please see www.wmq.org.au & https://www.youtube.com/user/wmbmedia.
- Award / EA: Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Award 2010
- Classification: Level 3
- Reports to: Suicide Prevention Services Manager.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Align one's workplace behaviour in accordance with the WMQ Model of Care, the Wesley Charter and Wesley Mission Queensland's Vision, Mission and Values.
- Promote the Carer Service and develop linkages with service providers to receive connections with carers and provide proactive follow up .
- Be actively available to connect with Carers utilising peer skills, sector knowledge and a warm open approach to connection with carers in crisis, and then during the Carer journey.
- Select and curate the best information tools and practical resources to support and equip Carers with skills and information to build their personal and community capacity to build networks of care and connection.
- Facilitate structured educational workshops of content identified and valued by Carers of the Gold Coast community.
- Design and facilitate the delivery of moderated peer-led support groups.
- Provide support, coaching and information to Carers to achieve service navigation and advocacy to have specific needs met as a Carer of a Person Experiencing a Suicidal Crisis.
- Apply community development project management skills to explore and deliver an increase in Carer inclusive places and spaces on the Gold Coast.
- Document implementation of the model to assist with the monitoring and evaluation of the pilot program.
How to Apply
Applications are to be submitted online by clicking the apply now button at the bottom of the page by 4pm of the closing date.
Why work with Wesley Mission Queensland
- Working alongside people who love what they do
- Salary Packaging
- Product Discounts
- Travel Discounts
- Access to discounted holiday units
Wesley Mission Queensland's Vision: