- Full time maximum term opportunity up to 30 June 2021 (with possibility of extension)
- Ideal Penrith location, close to transport hubs, shops & ample parking
- Remote working options considered during the COVID pandemic
- Join a supportive and collaborative team who are passionate about tackling homelessness in Western Sydney
- Work in the community sector in a reputable and growing Tier 1 Community Housing Provider
Wentworth Community Housing is seeking applications from suitably experienced professionals for the position of Caseworker in our Community Services team. This opportunity is a full-time maximum term role up to 30 June 2021, with the possibility of extension.
This role specifically sits within our Nepean Blue Mountains Adult Homelessness and Housing Support Service.
This service delivers housing support to homeless and at risk of homelessness single adults without accompanying children. It covers Penrith, Blue Mountains & Hawkesbury Local Government areas.
The Services is to deliver all service responses including:
- Crisis and transition
- Prevention and early intervention
- Rapid rehousing
- Intensive support for clients with chronic needs
The target group includes:
- Couples without children
- Adults who are experiencing chronic homelessness including rough sleepers
- People leaving custody
- People from a cultural and linguistically diverse background including an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander background
- Relevant tertiary qualifications and / or extensive human services industry experience
- Experience in and understanding of the philosophy underpinning case management including trauma informed practice
- Understanding of housing and support issues facing adults experiencing homelessness
- Demonstrated experience in delivering a responsive service to people with complex needs
- Strong listening, communication, interpersonal and interviewing skills
- Demonstrated ability to maintain culturally appropriate practices in delivering services
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective partnerships and relationships with a wide range of human service groups and organisations
Please read the attached position description to learn more about Wentworth or this role.