The Warrandyte Child Care and Preschool Co-operative is situated in a bushland setting on Wurundjeri country, and is an established highly respected community owned, not for profit early childhood service. The centre has a funded preschool program and provides education and care to 35 children aged between three months and six years.
We have wonderful natural outdoor and indoor spaces that enhance and support children’s learning and development. Our philosophy emphasises the importance of building strong collaborative and inclusive relationships with families, educators, and our local community.
The centre has a strong work culture, long-term staff and has an ongoing commitment to professional learning, continual improvement, and development. The centre director is responsible for twenty staff, working full-time, part-time and casual.
We are looking for an experienced, passionate and motivated full-time Centre Director, or an experienced second in charge, ready to progress their career, who has excellent interpersonal and communication skills, is supportive of professional development and educator growth, is able to multi-task across many projects, and leads a long term group of dedicated early childhood educators.
Key Selection Criteria
- Extensive knowledge of the Early Years Learning Framework, National Quality Standards, Education and Care Services National Regulations and the Child Safety Standards.
- Strong leadership skills, with experience in providing support and inspiring a team
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Strives for service excellence, ensuring effective systems and procedures for ongoing viability of the service
- Demonstrated ability or experience in strategic planning, budget and financial management to ensure ongoing resourcing and viability of the service.
- Ability to provide expert advice and support as the Centre Director to the Committee of Management in the management of early childhood services
- Models centre philosophies, with a strong focus on outdoor play and connection with the natural world
- Ability to perform under pressure, including the unique demands and duty of care responsibilities in a bushland setting, including Risk Management in a fire prone area, and snake awareness
- Hold a Diploma, Advance Diploma of Community Sector Management or Degree qualification.
- Must be a fit and proper person to be registered as Warrandyte Childcare and Preschool Nominated Supervisor
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a management and leadership position
- Current Working with Children Check and Current Police Check
- Bachelor of Early Childhood Education or equivalent
- Previous experience in the not for profit and co-operative sector
Please contact Jenny Lynch or Melissa Strangio on 98441205 for a copy of the Job Description and details of how to apply.