About the Organisation
Wandiyali is a community organisation that delivers services such as Out of Home Care case management, Brighter Futures (Early Intervention), Child Care (Long Day Care), MST-CAN (Intensive therapeutic intervention program), Indigenous Community Links, Housing and much more!
Summary of the Broad Purpose of the Position
The Caring Mothers project will provide support to Mothers of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children in the Newcastle and Lake Macquarie area. The objective of this role is to provide support to 10 Aboriginal Mothers annually who have children in their care and are leaving or have left violent partners. The Caring Mothers project is funded by the Department of Prime Minister and Cabinet.
Key Role Responsibilities
- Identifying and building on clients strengths
- Provide counselling
- Court support
- Case management
- Making referrals and linking mothers to ongoing support networks
- Safety Planning
- Cultural support
- Assisting to restore kinship relationships
- Other duties as directed
- A commitment to the Vision, Mission and Values of our organisation
- Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent
- Demonstrated ability to provide case management and case work to women who have experienced domestic and family violence (D&FV).
- Demonstrated familiarity with the court processes and competence to support clients appropriately
- Build and strengthen partnerships with appropriate service providers
- Tertiary qualifications diploma or Cert IV in a relevant discipline (Community Services; Youth Work, Case Management etc.)
- Demonstrated knowledge of the needs and obstacles facing Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children and their families
- Demonstrated skill and experience in accessing services for clients
- Experience to undertake administrative and computer tasks linked to this position, using electronic and manual case management, and including data reporting tools and/or portals
- Demonstrated knowledge or experience developing and maintain relationships with other service providers
- The ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships with other services our community and attend local network events
- Demonstrated ability to work as a member of a busy team and be self-motivated.
- Demonstrated commitment and ability to maintain confidentiality and accountability, including client records, team and organisational discussions
- Demonstrated ability to participate positively in teamwork, training, and supervision processes.
- Proven effective written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in appropriate record keeping, report writing and working within a data base
- Ability and willingness to implement appropriate and respectful conflict resolution strategies within the community and working environment
It is an offence under the NSW Child Protection (Prohibited Employment) Act 1998 for a person convicted of a serious sex offence to apply for this position. Successful applicant(s) will be subject to Working With Children Check and Police Check prior to Employment.
If you are an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander Person interested in applying for this position and would like assistance with the application package, including cover letter, addressing criteria etc. Please contact the Aboriginal Employment Strategy on 02 4939 4500.
*Please note applications will be reviewed on receipt and may close earlier then the stated date*
For more information about the position please email or call Linda Andrews - Support Services Manger:
email@example.com, using the subject line: Caring Mum’s Worker enquiry via EthicalJobs or 4957 5900
For all other queries please contact:
Talana Kilroy - Human Resources Officer
firstname.lastname@example.org or 4957 5900