- Minimum of two years post-admission experience
Waller Legal is a high profile institutional abuse legal practice helping survivors of sexual abuse recover compensation. We litigate civil personal injury claims and operate under a trauma-informed practice model.
We are seeking a highly organised, confident and self-motivated litigator with minimum two-years post-admission experience to join our team. Solicitors with experience in personal injury dispute resolution, litigation and institutional abuse claims are strongly encouraged to apply. Waller Legal provides a collegiate and supportive workplace environment with access to ongoing training and development.
Key responsibilities of this position include:
- Litigating institutional abuse claims.
- Providing a consistently high standard of legal advice to clients.
- Preparing complex written advices and drafting legal documents.
- Preparing briefs to counsel and instructing counsel.
- Preparing cases for and attending mediation and/or court.
- Assisting with the supervision of support staff and interns and leading a small team.
- Preparing for and participating in practice planning, strategy and budget meetings.
Key selection criteria:
- Personal injury civil litigation experience.
- Experience in institutional sexual abuse matters.
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail and consistent, productive high standards of work.
- A trauma informed practice approach with ability to maintain a calm, sensitive, professional and respectful manner with a diverse range of people.
- Ability to prioritise, manage deadlines and work well under pressure.
- Ability to take initiative and work independently as well as being an excellent team player.
Law students and/or recent graduates need not apply.
Salary commensurate with experience.
Appointment to commence on 5 January 2021.