The Regional Community Engagement Coordinator (“RCEC”) is a key member of Volunteering WA, responsible for engaging and supporting regional community organisations with their volunteering challenges.
The RCEC role will be responsible for engaging with volunteer involving organisations to ensure widespread awareness and implementation of the resources and services offered by Volunteering WA, including accessing support from regional corporate volunteers.
The Regional Community Engagement Coordinator will also work closely with corporate staff to promote and increase participation in volunteering activities in Port Hedland and Newman.
The RCEC needs to work independently, effectively and with confidence. This position requires medium level physical effort including lifting, and flexible work hours with some early starts and/or late finishes. Some intrastate travel will be required.
This Port Hedland-based position requires high level initiative, and logistical, organisational, project management, interpersonal, communication and work, health and safety skills and practices as well as the ability to build, develop and sustain productive relationships.
- Identify, engage and build productive, sustainable relationships with not-for-profit organisations in Port Hedland and Newman, including giving presentations when required.
- Promote the services and resources offered by Volunteering WA, including the corporate volunteering program.
- Facilitate networking opportunities for community organisations, including social events and staff development and training opportunities.
- Organise a regional awards ceremony during National Volunteer Week in May, including all logistical requirements.
- Assist with the management and logistics of employee volunteering services provided to corporate partners, including liaising with volunteer involving organisations and corporate staff, ensuring all proper procedures, practices and protocols are followed.
- Coordinate all logistical requirements, and attend and follow-up corporate volunteering days.
- Ensure high levels of participation and satisfaction for community organisations accessing Volunteering WA services.
- Regular reporting and maintenance of accurate records and contacts.
- Contribute to the effective delivery of activities to meet contractual obligations and achieve strategic objectives and KPIs
- Contribute to operations of Volunteering WA and respond to requests for support when required.
- Contribute creatively and professionally to the strategic direction of the Volunteering WA Team.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Relevant tertiary qualifications (community development, project management) or relevant experience performing similar duties.
- Excellent communicator with demonstrated high-level interpersonal, negotiation and presentation skills with the ability to develop and maintain strong industry and stakeholder relationships.
- Demonstrated ability in community engagement, organising and facilitating networking and training opportunities.
- Previous demonstrated experience in planning and operating key logistical support for events, including site selection, catering arrangements; development of on-site requirements such as event set-up and coordination.
- Demonstrated ability in project management, multi-tasking and meeting tight deadlines to a high standard with the ability to work independently.
- Outstanding administration, organisational and time management skills are a must.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills.
- Self-motivated with high degree of self-management, creativity and initiative.
- Sound competency and confidence in use of databases, webpages, social media and other IT resources including Microsoft Office Suite.
- Driver’s Licence with good driving record.
- Knowledge of the not-for-profit sector
- Current First Aid Certificate
All Volunteering WA staff and volunteers are at all times expected to lead by example and demonstrate Volunteering WA’s values which are:
- We believe in the power of volunteering.
- We are inclusive, innovative and operate with integrity.
Other personal attributes required to do this job effectively:
- Ability to work independently.
- Willingness to work collaboratively, as part of a team and to share information and expertise.
- Professional, effective and efficient approach.
- Systematic, organised approach and attention to detail.
- Proactive self-starter.
- Strong work ethic and a desire to successfully get the job done.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
Please Note: All contracts with Volunteering WA are reviewed regularly and are renewed subject to funding and performance. All Volunteering WA staff are required to have a Police Check. The cost of the Police Check will be met by Volunteering WA.
For a full Job Description see the attachment below or visit: https://www.volunteeringwa.org.au/news/volunteering-wa-vacancy-regional-community-engagement-coordinator