The Victorian Trades Hall Council (VTHC) is looking for someone who wants to make a difference.
We are seeking to employ a fixed term Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) Outreach Senior Organiser on a 10 month contract (until 30 June 2022) to work in our Carlton office as part of our OHS Team.
The OHS Outreach Senior Organiser will be responsible for helping workplaces be COVID-safe by connecting with workers and workplaces to promote the importance of QR code check-in and other COVID safe activities. The Organiser will also be responsible for implementing and coordinating the activity schedule for the COVID-safe team.
- Outreach to workers, workplaces and places where workers meet to educate, inform and promote the importance of QR code check-in and other COVID safe activities
- Provide information to tackle vaccine hesitancy and promote vaccine take-up rates amongst workers
- Responsible for implementing the activity schedule and campaign plan for COVID-safe team
- Oversee a purpose-built website, phone line and text messaging service to provide COVID safe/OHS advice and referrals for COVID enquiries
- Track and report on activities to meet funding requirements
- Provide administrative support as needed to deliver the project, and other duties as required
- A commitment to social justice and trade union principles
- Professional experience working with union members, delegates or HSRs
- Exceptional communication and conversations skills
- Ability to draft and deliver to a project plan, within budget and timelines
- Ability to pivot programs quickly in a challenging and changing environment
- Outgoing, fast learning, adaptive and enthusiastic
DESIRABLE ATTRIBUTES (DEFINITELY NOT ESSENTIAL!)
- Digital knowledge using simple online platforms and websites
- Some knowledge of Victoria’s OHS system
- Previous experience implementing or monitoring a COVID-safe workplace plan
- Previous experience of working in a COVID high-risk workplace or setting
The position is based at Trades Hall in Carlton, Victoria, and will report to the Secretary through the OHS Team Lead. Attractive salary package (approx. $85,000), including a monthly RDO and 12% superannuation.
Women and people from diverse backgrounds, including Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people, are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please direct any queries regarding this role to: email@example.com, using the subject line: COVID-Safe Workplaces Outreach Senior Organiser enquiry via EthicalJobs.