- 18 month Senior Project Manager position
- Kooyong based
- Atractive remuneration package on offer
Do you want to make a difference and become a part of a team that supports a future where people who are blind or have low vision can live an independent life they choose?
If so, then this might be the perfect role for you!
Vision Australia is a leading national provider of blindness and low vision services in Australia. We work in partnership with Australians who are blind or who have low vision to achieve the possibilities they choose in life.
About who we support
Vision Australia provides services to more than 25,500 people clients from 35 Vision Australia centres in Victoria, New South Wales, the Australian Capital Territory, Queensland, South Australia and Western Australia; and through outreach programs in the Northern Territory and Tasmania.
About the role
- Project Initiation Lead the process for identification and selection of an appropriate solution and prepare the business case for project justification.
- Project Planning and Management Define project scope and schedule while focusing on regular and timely delivery of value. Organise and lead project status and working meetings; manage risks and issues; correct deviations from plans; and perform delivery planning.
- Team Management and Development Establish and lead a cross functional project team. Contribute to team development while holding team members accountable for their commitments; remove roadblocks to their work. Leverage resources to enable capacity and ensure each team member is fully engaged in the project and making meaningful contributions. Encourage a sustainable pace with high-levels of quality for the team;
- Change Management Identify stakeholders, assess change impacts, prepare change management strategies, develop communication and training plans tailored to impacted stakeholder groups.
- Product Owner Support Support the Product Owner in managing customer expectations for project deliverables, managing stakeholder communications, and helping to implement an effective system of project governance
To be successful in this role you will have:
- A proven track record of successfully implementing enterprise software and large scale web development projects including 5+ years of experience as a Project Manager managing complex projects with large stakeholder groups and cross-functional teams. Experience with projects with a Fundraising context is highly desirable;
- Ability to blend traditional project management principles and practices with an Agile development approach in the right proportions to fit diverse, complex, organisation-wide projects;
- Experience overseeing cross-function project teams with up to 8-15 team members including Business Analysts, Developers, Testers, external partners and other personnel;
- Experience with vendor selection and management, preparation of business case, and benefit identification and realisation;
- Sufficient level of technical background to provide highly-credible leadership to project teams and to be able to accurately and objectively evaluate complex project risks and issues;
Benefits of working at Vision Australia
- Generous salary packaging options
- Flexible working arrangements
- Exciting career paths
- Exceptional professional development opportunities
If this sounds like a great fit for you then please complete our online application process by clicking Apply Now.
Applications should consist of a full resume and a cover letter. Please note pdf documents are not accepted for accessibility reasons.
For more information about working at Vision Australia go to www.visionaustralia.org/careers
We highly encourage applications from candidates who are blind or have low vision.